Uh Oh... Someone's in Trouble...

brown metal coffin

Wow I k ow its just California but I feel like once it starts a domino effect will quickly follow.

Oh I absolutely agree that it will spread like wild fire. I'll bet that ball is already rolling and if the Feds have to pay all of these additional costs that they weren't paying before; that bottom line is going to get a lot smaller.

Looks like the odds just got even. hehehe

Sent using BrownCafe App

kingOFchester

It has been known by the powers that be, that the Fedex contractor model was sketchy at best. It has, and will be allowed to continue on as competition is good for the economy. We were the only game in town. Once Fred is big enough and has enough volume and market share, the model will be collapsed by the government.

Had the ground model been shut down long long ago, they would not of been able to sustain and take market share.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Feel that earthquake !!!! That's a level playing field coming to the package industry.

Considering the California/UPS lunch lawsuit was felt by all drivers across the country, this will 100% impact FEDEX's hold on Washington with its independent contractor game.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It has been known by the powers that be, that the Fedex contractor model was sketchy at best. It has, and will be allowed to continue on as competition is good for the economy. We were the only game in town. Once Fred is big enough and has enough volume and market share, the model will be collapsed by the government.

Had the ground model been shut down long long ago, they would not of been able to sustain and take market share.
The post office is now angling for the package business big time.....

rod

Retired 22 years
It will take years and plenty of appeals before anything ever comes of it if I had my guess.

It will be hung up in the courts until FedEx gets a ruling in their favor --- again. That's the way these big time court cases go. The lawyers sure get rich though.

westin

From what I read, it sounds like this was the appeal and Fed ex lost? And if so, how could you appeal an appeal?

rod

Retired 22 years
From what I read, it sounds like this was the appeal and Fed ex lost? And if so, how could you appeal an appeal?

Its quite common. You lose your appeal you just appeal that decision. You keep going until one side runs out of money or it goes to the United States Supreme Court for a FINAL (sometimes ) decision.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
But the Supreme Court can elect not to hear a case and send it back down to the Appeal Court for a retrial .
Or elect not to hear it and let the first or last appeals court ruling to stand .