Unable to apply at a different location 2 years after leaving

Knar Lhe

I worked in a hub for 2 years as a sorter, and had to quit due to school (I gave 2 week notice etc). This was over 2 years ago, and I'm trying to apply to another location across the state as a package handler.

When I log into the UPS jobs website, I see my old application from 4 years ago next to the new one, but when I click the new one to complete the form it just shows a message "Previous Employee" and gives me a link to the previous page.

What does this mean, am I on the "do not re-hire" list? Should I try to contact HR at my old hub, or contact the place I want to apply?

Thanks

Knar Lhe

I have no way to call my former sup, I don't have any of my old UPS contacts.

Does anyone know if this is a definite sign of the no-rehire list, or is there any way to find my status?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do not know but the fact that no one has responded may be a strong sign that you are coded as No Hire.
Most "transfer" or "relocation" is set up in advance.
It also depends how you were coded on your termination paperwork.

I would contact both locations and be persistent.
It is much easier to hire a newbie.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I worked in a hub for 2 years as a sorter, and had to quit due to school (I gave 2 week notice etc). This was over 2 years ago, and I'm trying to apply to another location across the state as a package handler.

When I log into the UPS jobs website, I see my old application from 4 years ago next to the new one, but when I click the new one to complete the form it just shows a message "Previous Employee" and gives me a link to the previous page.

What does this mean, am I on the "do not re-hire" list? Should I try to contact HR at my old hub, or contact the place I want to apply?

Thanks
You're sol

Island

I've heard of this happening to other young people. What worked for some them was calling HR at the building they were trying to apply at, or just walking in and explaining the situation. Honestly I've seen the HR people act pretty surprised when someone reapplies, most people don't ever think about coming back.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Simple. Create another account and apply again.
Huh? That comparison is far off. Creating another account is way different than creating another SS account, which is impossible by the way.

Go back into the basement and your x-box.

Even if he creates a new account, if he gets to the point of having an interview it will quickly become apparent that he used to work at UPS.

(Oh yeah, establishing a new SS number is really not hard at all.)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Even if he creates a new account, if he gets to the point of having an interview it will quickly become apparent that he used to work at UPS.

They'll know as soon as he applies...your SS# is attached to your EIN. EIN's are not recycled to new employees after you're fired, quit or retire. I think Cosmo's was 0000005 :)

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

We had a driver who previously was preload let go after several months when SSN discrepancy brought her citizenship into question. How did she get hired?