Union dues

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by krazy, Apr 4, 2013.

1. krazy

krazy New Member

Well I'm a part time pre-loader that got kept after seasonal and when I fist started they took 25$ off every check till I reached 250$. Now they only take 20$ a month which I'm fine with but today they took 37$ for union dues. Any ideas as to why it went from 20 to 37? Any input is appreciated thanks.

FAVREFAN Member

You will notice different amounts all the time. I'm usually around $18 and paid $37.50 a few weeks back. You should be paying 2.5 x your hourly rate of pay per month, plus $4 extra for part-time and $8 extra for full-time each month.
    This is only for people above a certain hourly rate, I think it's around $12 an hour. Somebody chime in with that number please? Under that hourly rate of say $12 you should pay a low fixed amount every week and not the hourly multiple.
    Hope this helps, take care and good luck to you.
  3. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Union dues are usually around 2 1/2 times your hourly wage but that varies a little by location. So if you make $10 hr you should be paying around $25 a month. You can figure out what you should be paying if the $37 isn't close you should ask your steward what the rate should be than go ask your HR person if it not right....
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We are 3 x our hourly in Upstate NY.
  5. krazy

krazy New Member

Thanks guys appreciate it. Turns out that now I pay 22$ instead of 20$ because I got a raise and the other 15$ are being refunded because I had to schedule a picketing date and I hadn't yet. Thanks again