Union MIA

Fullhouse

at our last union meeting, we were told that the IVY was going to take some sort of action against UPS. They (the union) said if UPS didn't straighten up at Freight (subcontracting) and small package(forced ot), they would take action by mid July. well that deadline came and went. After that, it was move to the first of August, still nothing! Is this some ploy by the IBT to appease the disgruntled masses? I keep checking in with feeder drivers but nothing concrete yet. BA's don't return phone calls so this is my last resort for any information.

Fullhouse

the local is 509. "They" are the principle officers of local 509. They boasted that the IBT would take action against UPS. They also lead the drivers to believe that something heavy was coming down and that the members should start conserving their money. What gets me is this. They claim something is in the works but they encouraged the membership to vote in favor of suspending the next three membership meetings. With the threat of something looming in the future, I really feel like the local acted irresponsible when it came to postpone the next three meetings.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
the local is 509. "They" are the principle officers of local 509. They boasted that the IBT would take action against UPS. They also lead the drivers to believe that something heavy was coming down and that the members should start conserving their money. What gets me is this. They claim something is in the works but they encouraged the membership to vote in favor of suspending the next three membership meetings. With the threat of something looming in the future, I really feel like the local acted irresponsible when it came to postpone the next three meetings.

It was probably very responsible when it came to meeting their needs.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
It was probably very responsible when it came to meeting their needs.

Cancelling summer meetings is standars practice in many if not all locals. It is very dificult to get people to come to meetings in the summer with all the extra hours and family activities.