Union MIA

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Fullhouse, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Fullhouse

Fullhouse Member

at our last union meeting, we were told that the IVY was going to take some sort of action against UPS. They (the union) said if UPS didn't straighten up at Freight (subcontracting) and small package(forced ot), they would take action by mid July. well that deadline came and went. After that, it was move to the first of August, still nothing! Is this some ploy by the IBT to appease the disgruntled masses? I keep checking in with feeder drivers but nothing concrete yet. BA's don't return phone calls so this is my last resort for any information.
  2. Fullhouse

Fullhouse Member

Sorry IVY should be IBT. Smart phones with their predictive text can be troublesome.
  3. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

What sort of action you looking for?
  4. CRASH501

CRASH501 New Member

What local?
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

If the union is "they", who are you?
  6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

At least 'they' are talking about doing SOMETHING. Talk is better than nothing, I guess.
  7. Fullhouse

Fullhouse Member

the local is 509. "They" are the principle officers of local 509. They boasted that the IBT would take action against UPS. They also lead the drivers to believe that something heavy was coming down and that the members should start conserving their money. What gets me is this. They claim something is in the works but they encouraged the membership to vote in favor of suspending the next three membership meetings. With the threat of something looming in the future, I really feel like the local acted irresponsible when it came to postpone the next three meetings.
  8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It was probably very responsible when it came to meeting their needs.
  9. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Cancelling summer meetings is standars practice in many if not all locals. It is very dificult to get people to come to meetings in the summer with all the extra hours and family activities.
  10. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

WE are the ones working for UPS who voted for the contract, THEY are the IBT employees put in charge of making sure UPS lives up to its side of the agreement
  11. mamirk69

mamirk69 New Member