Union Politics - The local 25 Boston bullies are in the news again!

BrownBrokeDown

People said that about our 8 hour day. And people died over that.
2 totally different situations and times. Listen wide, I am 100% pro-union. I believe in standing up for our rights. The picketing was standing up for our rights. What they are accused of, if true, is 100% not called for in a peaceful situation. they had noone shooting at them

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Somethings not meshing here between you too, and I'm being to lazy to look it up today.

The union wanted Bravo to give no-work jobs to Teamsters? or the teamsters wanted the jobs that are unionized by teamsters in that area worked by teamsters?
Well stop being lazy and look it up.

You don't want to rely on wide or lead for any information if you don't have to.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
2 totally different situations and times. Listen wide, I am 100% pro-union. I believe in standing up for our rights. The picketing was standing up for our rights. What they are accused of, if true, is 100% not called for in a peaceful situation. they had noone shooting at them
I agree. My only complaint is people are ready to hang other without 1) knowing the facts and 2) not waiting for their day in court.

BrownBrokeDown

The use of unsubstantiated rumors/hear-say/not yet prosecuted items by supporters of both sides for political support of their side is getting overly abused. Its become mud-slinging of epic proportions, comparable to a normal POTUSA election cycle.

BrownBrokeDown

How about if it's in the Boston Globe?
Lol. 1st of all I didn't say it didn't happen, but 2nd of all, let it work out in the courts so we hopefully know the full truth, btw 3rd of all, all newspapers have sections where they issue retractions, and 4th of all, the police can arrest people based on charges that get disproved in court

Brown Spider

I agree. My only complaint is people are ready to hang other without 1) knowing the facts and 2) not waiting for their day in court.

I have not seen anyone on this thread suggesting that they are "ready to hang" anyone! There are people here who do not agree with the tactics reportedly used, and those people are NOT taking the side of the involved Employer. Please don't compare this incident to past struggles where Union men and women were in harms way while fighting in the streets for our rights. On the surface, this appears to be a handful of thugs screaming obscenities in the face of a woman. Not handing out any awards for that. This isn't even the first time that Local 25 thugs have tried to muscle a woman!

There was a time in our history when our Union was a haven for members of Organized Crime. When that happened, there were members who mindlessly defended the likes of Tony Pro and Sally Bugs as legitimate labor leaders. They were anything but! Nonetheless, there were and are members who attempt to legitimize the actions of made mobsters and common street thugs. By all means Wide, let this matter be addressed by the court...but in the meantime, don't try to make heroes out of these guys.

realbrown1

Lol. 1st of all I didn't say it didn't happen, but 2nd of all, let it work out in the courts so we hopefully know the full truth, btw 3rd of all, all newspapers have sections where they issue retractions, and 4th of all, the police can arrest people based on charges that get disproved in court
Oh, I am so sorry.

I thought we were going with what wide and lead consider guilty until proven innocent as the have done with T.S. and the United slate.

Haven't they found T.S. guilty after an audio tape was presented?

I guess some people are just 2 faced.

And SOME PEOPLE pretend to be impartial, when they are really on wide and lead's side.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh, I am so sorry.

I thought we were going with what wide and lead consider guilty until proven innocent as the have done with T.S. and the United slate.

And SOME PEOPLE pretend to be impartial, when they are really on wide and lead's side.
It appears they criticize others for doing the same thing they are doing.
The Status Quo usually fights hard to preserve their jobs and "granted" amenities.

BrownBrokeDown

Oh, I am so sorry.

I don't believe I am wide or lead, and I also believe I have disagreed with what they are doing as well. I even believe that I have had a few posts recently that reflected that. Also how is an article in a newspaper the same as an audio tape? anyway, maybe you should focus on the person you are replying to rather than letting your anger boil over on anyone that maybe replying to a thread you are in. I had asked a simple question, don't be an ass.

BrownBrokeDown

Thought I would add too, I don't give a rat's behind about what TS feel's about the Union members as long as I would benefit from his Teamster presidency if he's elected. However I am still waiting on him to announce plans other than work harder, try harder, fight harder. I need specifics not generalizations which he still hasn't said.

realbrown1

Thought I would add too, I don't give a rat's behind about what TS feel's about the Union members as long as I would benefit from his Teamster presidency if he's elected. However I am still waiting on him to announce plans other than work harder, try harder, fight harder. I need specifics not generalizations which he still hasn't said.
Or otherwise........what?

Stick with the do nothing (except golf with CEO'S) and give himself raises, H?

Don't forget it was H that raised union dues without a direct membership vote.