Union representation?

dillweed

shouldn't things in your file from more than 9 months ago be inadmissible????

I would also argue in a meeting on record that they were unprepared to prove their case if there was "more but they had to look for it"

Thanks! I'll add these points to my list.

dillweed

Well, the warning letter stands and the harassment grievance died.

Never was able to catch the BA in our game of phone tag, I give him credit for trying to get me a few times. Sent him the story through FAX and hoped (but didn't count on) the best. It wasn't possible to drive the distance to panel and that certainly didn't help.

I've stopped worrying and wondering about why things went the way they did. Wasted energy. I'm the proud holder of a warning letter and in good company, at that. On the harassment for not lifting weight - UPS never officially hit me with discipline on that one. Just verbal harassment fom punk, er pt sup.

Odd things have happened. The two co-workers I've had such problems with spoke to me. Nicely. I spoke back in the same manner. We are now rotating back and forth, helping each other out as necessary and shooting the breeze a bit as we do so. Trust them? nope, never, but our cooperation may just keep us all off the radar.

I give these gals credit, they are tough cookies. No one won this battle/no one lost it. We are an awesome team, three out of five sorters are women, and we are like a package-proof wall when lined up. I hope it can stay this way, feels good to part of the team rather than the odd grunt out.

Lots of emotion in this turn of events. Did I break or bend? Did I bend just enough to survive or was it a shameful bend over? I feel less tired after work, lighter at heart and that's good. However, I feel less fond of management than ever. Distrust is a heavy, but necessary evil imo.

Steve, we'll lick our wounds together, along with the multitude of other bad eggs out there. Cheers to all who survive!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Glad you could pull it together, dill. Glad you girls are able to work together, with civility. Before you know it, 9 months will be over and done with, and you can feel even freer. Nothing to hang our heads in shame about, win some, lose some, but we are who we are, and no one can change that.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How do you talk with someone and not have eye contact? Although, I did have an employee who would roll her eyes up and keep them there, during conversation, and not in a disprectful way either. That's just how she carried on conversations.

She was a customer counter clerk, and understanding her contact with customers, I was a bit concerned that customers may have taken her communication skills, as being rude.

So one day, I just had to ask her why she always rolls her eyes and keeps them upward during conversations.

She told me her whole family does that, she didn't even know she was doing it. And wouldn't you know it, at a UPS open house, her family came, and her mom did the same thing, while being introduced to me.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess!! Just thought I would share.

My dog has that same condition.:happy2:
100_6400.jpg

dillweed

Yep, that's one cute pup! For a second there I thought he might be lying on your er...brown board... Had to look twice to make sure you weren't getting into trouble again. Never fear, Steve, we're watching you. :happy2: