Unobtainium Discovered in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Jun 14, 2010.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

From NY Times

continuing:

So our gov't tells us that just recently we discovered Afghanistan has mineral wealth?

Well this is not a newly discovered or even secret fact as the US Geological Survey noted Afghanistan's mineral wealth 4 years ago! Is President Peace Prize looking for an economic excuse to justify after the fact? Like Cheney and company told us Iraq oil would pay for........oh never mind as that lie has been so blown out of the water.

With Karzai's connections to Unocal later acquired by Chevron, one has to wonder if Chevron has an inside track to acquiring exclusive Afghanistan mineral rights. Chevron's only into oil you say? Think again!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  2. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

from Spiegel Online: Are Claims of Afghan Mineral Wealth a PR Trick?

3. Blizzard

Blizzard New Member

To me what would be exciting about this "discovery" would be our country helping Afghanistan move into mining this wealth and away from the production of opium. Is it a PR trick? Absolutely!

4. av8torntn

av8torntn Well-Known Member

Could be information warfare or could be the truth as I was thinking someone on these forums posted an article saying these mineral deposits have been know about for years.

5. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Being Afghanistan was mostly a CIA op from the get go, it all does have an Operation Mockingbird stench to it all!

6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

My wife seems to be a consistent source of unobtainium - at least I haven't obtained any. :biting: