Up to what age can you do pre-loading?

32blaine

I'm starting soon and I have my eye on the UPS pension plan. But I notice that the vast majority of workers are young. The work is hard.

How old can you be and still be a preloader? Of course there is no document declaring a retirement age but I'd imagine health issues would creep up after awhile.

Indecisi0n

I'm starting soon and I have my eye on the UPS pension plan. But I notice that the vast majority of workers are young. The work is hard.

How old can you be and still be a preloader? Of course there is no document declaring a retirement age but I'd imagine health issues would creep up after awhile.
How old are you and what body type do you have?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Article 37 section 1 says forever.

The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee.

Indecisi0n

Article 37 section 1 says forever.

The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee.
Can I have this printed and stitched into my work shirts?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Just how old are you? The work is certainly hard but doable. We have a lady in her 60s doing it.

davidix

Anybody that is willing to dish out a little physical work and give their body the time to get used to it.

It's actually not that hard. As a preloader you have all the power. Work at your pace. Of its slow then they'll get you help or take a truck away. If it's fast they'll give you more work. Work smart.

dudebro

Back in the late 90's I had a WWII veteran named Walter working on my preload at the age of 86. He never missed a day of work while I was there.

He also never managed more than 80PPH, but despite the characterization of management here, to a person, everyone on our management team agreed the only thing we would ever say to Walter was how are you, and thank you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Back in the late 90's I had a WWII veteran named Walter working on my preload at the age of 86. He never missed a day of work while I was there.

He also never managed more than 80PPH, but despite the characterization of management here, to a person, everyone on our management team agreed the only thing we would ever say to Walter was how are you, and thank you.
My dad is 86 and could do the job. Problem is, he has OCD and would want to do it perfect. Lol.

Future

Victory Ride
How old are you and what body type do you have?
image.gif

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

I was still killing the preload at age 44, with a full time job during the day.

dudebro

Later in life iit's how you've taken care of the body. There are people who can run marathons in their 60s who can do it, and obese 25 year olds who can't