UPS, Aflac among most ethical companies

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
It is true that if upper management finds out about unethical activity, they do act quickly and severely
I would beg to differ. The reaction by the company varies greatly when reacting to unethical behavior. It depends on who is doing it. Some get promoted for it, while others take the walk of shame.

A nothing award given by a nobody institute. So what does it really mean........

d

tourists24

A truly ethical company would have a very clear, consistent and transparent definition of what exactly constitutes an "emergency condition" exception for a package. This definition would be prominently posted on the tracking website, as well as on the bulletin board at every package center.

A truly ethical company would not dispatch its employees onto public roads in vehicles from which critical safety and ergonomic features had been intentionally deleted in order to save money.

A truly ethical company would not evaluate the performance of its management people based upon irrelevant and ever-changing "flavor of the week" metrics that have no correlation to how well their operations are actually being run.

A truly ethical company would empower its management people with decision-making authority that is commesurate with the level of responsibility being placed upon them. Empowered people can make ethical choices; puppets cannot.

As a company, we have a loooong way to go before we can truly claim to be "ethical".
Not to mention a true unwillingness to live up to the contract language that they agreed to follow

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would beg to differ. The reaction by the company varies greatly when reacting to unethical behavior. It depends on who is doing it. Some get promoted for it, while others take the walk of shame.

A nothing award given by a nobody institute. So what does it really mean........

d

I think there is a consistency of what is considered ethical and what is not considered unethical.

I've never met a person that did not think they were ethical and acted with integrity ... and I've never met a person that always acted with integrity and acted ethically all the time.
I've met and work with some really nice, considerate and good people but I would never say they always act with integrity.
For this reason I summarily dismiss any judgment of integrity and acting ethically.
I basically judge people by whether they did what they said they would do; do they follow the rules they agreed to follow; do they follow the laws of the land; etc.

whiskey

I think there is a consistency of what is considered ethical and what is not considered unethical.

I've never met a person that did not think they were ethical and acted with integrity ... and I've never met a person that always acted with integrity and acted ethically all the time.
I've met and work with some really nice, considerate and good people but I would never say they always act with integrity.
For this reason I summarily dismiss any judgment of integrity and acting ethically.
I basically judge people by whether they did what they said they would do; do they follow the rules they agreed to follow; do they follow the laws of the land; etc.

I just happened to notice that you are 13 posts away from 6,666 posts.
But your integrity/ethical dance is spot on. In this grave hour.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Obviously the "institute" doing the ratings must base their judgement on something other than what we all see every day.In the public image,UPS is just a boy scout company with drivers scurrying around everywhere.The public does not see the monster we see everyday at work.This guy is just trying to produce an article that will sell copies and UPS stuck out in his mind because when he was little, the UPS driver let him carry the box up the driveway.