UPS and FedEx

ronanjhawkfan

Does anyone know if you can be a part time package handler for both UPS and Fed Ex. I have asked this question for 4 years and have never got a straight answer. Some say you can, some say you can't. Some say you can if schedules don't conflict. Some say you can't because of the competition between the two. Others have told me that they know people who do it but I don't know if I believe them. Common sense tells me no you can't but I have never been told for sure. Anyway if anyone knows the reasons of why or why not, I would be interested in knowing. Thanks

UPSGUY72

Does anyone know if you can be a part time package handler for both UPS and Fed Ex. I have asked this question for 4 years and have never got a straight answer. Some say you can, some say you can't. Some say you can if schedules don't conflict. Some say you can't because of the competition between the two. Others have told me that they know people who do it but I don't know if I believe them. Common sense tells me no you can't but I have never been told for sure. Anyway if anyone knows the reasons of why or why not, I would be interested in knowing. Thanks

First of all common sense is not to common. This has be talked about time and time again. Do a search.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This site/forum is not a good place to come for a "straight" answer.
With that in mind, I'm going with a definite maybe.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think the "Don't ask-Don't tell" policy would apply here...

Yep. FedEx specifically prohibits working for the competition, but I used to do it. Just keep your mouth shut and do it anyway, which is how the people already doing it generally handle it.

abc123

Yep. FedEx specifically prohibits working for the competition, but I used to do it. Just keep your mouth shut and do it anyway, which is how the people already doing it generally handle it.

Because it's a conflict of interest? This all sounds so familiar...

FedEx2000

We refer to it as "moonlighting", and no it's not allowed......but like MFE said, there are people who do it and just don't say anything.