UPS, are you asking for it?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Sometimes its better to be quiet and let people think you don't know what you are speaking about.

When you continue to make incorrect statements you leave no doubt.

They are the same in my opinion. You contribute to both, in time or money. 401k can based off of stock, a pensio can be pulled at any time because of "cutbacks". Ive read stories about people working 29 years to get a pension, for a 30 year pension, then the company pulling it that year.

To me they are the same, pensions dont impress me because every company is getting rid of it due to large amounts of people they pay on the side without doing anything. UPS will find a way to get rid of it as well, its only a matter of time.

I have a IRA and a rolling IRA. In time I will find myself making 3 times as much in a week due to intrest alone. This will require me to work here for 10 years until intrest and input of cash I can increase. By myself I've required a nice sum of funds in savings to do as I wish. I'm not like other Americans, I see three steps in advance.

First, 401k is a waste of money. If you cant work a bank, then a 401k is the next best. Second a pension is a waste, because most places are doing away with it. Last, I callem as I see'sams, no pity. America of the past is no longer the America of today. You will see all things fall in the near future. Its time to stop making payments on the tens of things you have. Its time to start saving and making better choices.

packageguy

Yes, things are weird, hear alot of bah, bah. bah, but remember one thing,
managers and supers come and go-- we will still be there. just don't
give them anything do the job they showed us to do.

Re-Raise

They are the same in my opinion. You contribute to both, in time or money. 401k can based off of stock, a pensio can be pulled at any time because of "cutbacks". Ive read stories about people working 29 years to get a pension, for a 30 year pension, then the company pulling it that year.

To me they are the same, pensions dont impress me because every company is getting rid of it due to large amounts of people they pay on the side without doing anything. UPS will find a way to get rid of it as well, its only a matter of time.

I have a IRA and a rolling IRA. In time I will find myself making 3 times as much in a week due to intrest alone. This will require me to work here for 10 years until intrest and input of cash I can increase. By myself I've required a nice sum of funds in savings to do as I wish. I'm not like other Americans, I see three steps in advance.

First, 401k is a waste of money. If you cant work a bank, then a 401k is the next best. Second a pension is a waste, because most places are doing away with it. Last, I callem as I see'sams, no pity. America of the past is no longer the America of today. You will see all things fall in the near future. Its time to stop making payments on the tens of things you have. Its time to start saving and making better choices.

And you are the one who didn't give to the United Way because $52 a year is a lot of money?

A couple of questions for you Mr Buffett.

Is a rolling IRA your term for a Roth IRA?

Do you realize interest rates stand at less than 2% which is very near the rate of inflation?

Did you know most stock based 401K accounts returned a little over 20% this year?

And please be honest here.. you have never really read a story have you?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Are you a financial planner on the side?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Somehow I get the feeling you will be working into your seventies. Hopefully you have a job you like.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
And you are the one who didn't give to the United Way because $52 a year is a lot of money?

A couple of questions for you Mr Buffett.

Is a rolling IRA your term for a Roth IRA?

Do you realize interest rates stand at less than 2% which is very near the rate of inflation?

Did you know most stock based 401K accounts returned a little over 20% this year?

And please be honest here.. you have never really read a story have you?

Roth IRA yes, a rolling IRa is something you put money into each week. Its like a 410k, but no matching. I'm afraid that the UPS 401k and pension plans might go the way the states have been dealing with them. Too many people getting too much thus planners of such are droping them or saying they will raise taxes because of it. Theres only one way to deal them, in my opinion, and thats to axe them. Pensions and 401k are dealt a bad blow due to stocks.

Sure, 2% isnt great, for now. UPS stock does well, for now, but if the stock market does better, it doesnt mean UPS stock will as well. I'm looking to purchase 12 gold bars in the next 10 years. But I'd rather wait to see a come back of the American dollar so I can buy gold, and silver, at a lower rate. Wish I couldve in the past!

Reading is boring, doing things people write about, now thats a story I wanna read!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Are you a financial planner on the side?

I enjoy numbers on a suttle level, and money is on that level. I hate spending money, yet love buying things I wish to. I plan on buying a tiller to grow a garden, I plan on buying a computer for my mother soon and I slo plan on taking on a another house in the near future. I can do all right now, if I wish, but I'd rather wait it out and see what happens in the next 2- 3 years. Notice I'm not in the motions of upholding things like a new car (mines payed for by me), another house, boat, tailer hitch and others too. I enjoy seeing things play out before me, until I see fit that I can actually make payments on them.

Americans buy, buy and buy until they can take no more. Maybe one or two things for time can be managable. Yet most of the stories out there deal with people with so many payments, they end up losing their houses or cars because of it. Money is easy workings when you see the big picture or understand money.

Thats another thing, the drivers that complain all over the place, making 25 dollars an hour for 60+ hours a week. Good god, you know one would make well over 100k in like 3 - 4 years with smart savings. Not to menction 401k and pensions plans. Whats there to complain abaout, some of us dont even come close to 300 dollars a week and we manage.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Somehow I get the feeling you will be working into your seventies. Hopefully you have a job you like.

Not really, time is a funny thing. I also enjoy the stock market, but im staying away right now. I used to make huge dollars playing the stock market in high school. My teacher said he made a huge bundle off of me. Its all too easy, and time is all too easy to spend. Within those earmarks, anything can happen. People dont believe anymore, in this job really!

Its all about seeing into the abyess, you have no hope to where you may fall, then what good are you?