UPS doesn't recognize street address

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ratjeev, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ratjeev

ratjeev New Member

How is it possible neither ups nor USPS recognize the address of a major company like TiVo

Corporate HQ at 2160 Gold St in Alviso, CA 95002. It lists a po box but its actually a physical street address. Google maps shows this address as San Jose. Strange.
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

That's logistics and we as upsers love logistics.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Your question doesn't make any sense. I clicked on the link and there is nothing wrong with that address. With zip +4 if you have a P.O. Box that number is added to your zip code. For UPS deliveries a street address is provided.
  4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Your point is?
  5. ratjeev

ratjeev New Member doesn't recognize this address when trying to create a shipment
  6. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Maybe you should call Tivo and ask them. If your having a problem shipping something to them I'm sure it has happen before and they will have the correct answer and shipping address for You. The building at 2160 gold St appears to be an office building and not a production site.
  7. Funfact

Use another address number like 2130 and see if that works the package will get there. I believe they use to be at 2130 before.
  8. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Could that be just the call center/customer service? They don't handle returns, most likely. I know a lot of places I buy from have a different return address from where you purchased the item.
  9. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

the post office delivers there
  10. Funfact

If you look from google earth 2160 is made up of two building sitting in the back corner of a small business park next to a mobile home park. It appears to be just a office location as you said maybe a call center. If doesn't appear to be a production center as there is no real noticeable dock area.

That address is a a customer support address according to the Tivo warehouse.

Corporate headquarters
    2160 Gold Street
    P.O. Box 2160
    Alviso, CA 95002-2160
    Phone: (408) 519-9100
    Fax: (408) 519-5330
  11. Funfact

According to TiVo is you need to return something to you first have to get there permission. As they don't give out a return merchandise address. However I believe that they do have a place in TX where they do take returns.

TiVo offers a 30-day Money Back Guarantee for all items purchased directly from TiVo. You may return an item for any reason within 30 days of your purchase date to receive a full refund.* Just contact TiVo Customer Support for approval and instructions. All returns must be approved by TiVo
  12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

There you go.

That may be an address that UPS knows will not accept returns, so World Ship will not let you create a label for that address because they do not accept deliveries there.