UPS Drivers Become BFFs With Local Dogs And They’re Taking Cute To A Whole New Level.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Drivers Become BFFs With Local Dogs And They’re Taking Cute To A Whole New Level. - Inspire More

It is a well-known stereotype that dogs hate mail and newspaper delivery people. Apparently, this doesn’t extend to UPS delivery drivers!

We’re not quite sure what the company is doing differently, but their employees appear to have such a good relationship with the dogs they meet on the job that they started a Facebook page to share pictures of their new canine friends. We’ve chosen some of our favorite pictures for you to enjoy!

wilberforce15

UPS Drivers Become BFFs With Local Dogs And They’re Taking Cute To A Whole New Level. - Inspire More

It is a well-known stereotype that dogs hate mail and newspaper delivery people. Apparently, this doesn’t extend to UPS delivery drivers!

We’re not quite sure what the company is doing differently, but their employees appear to have such a good relationship with the dogs they meet on the job that they started a Facebook page to share pictures of their new canine friends. We’ve chosen some of our favorite pictures for you to enjoy!
All of those drivers have now been written up for wasting time on the job.

And we still have a few dog bites per week.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

The company doesn’t do anything, it’s the drivers carrying treats. Mailmen pepper spray dogs, UPS drivers feed them. Most dogs respond very well to a friendly driver.

UnionStrong

Bad dogs that like treats are bite risks when they don't get treats.
Every dog is a bite risk. Scared people get bit more. Those that have knowledge and respect not so much. I never got bit in 30 plus years. Some dogs you can win over some you leave alone. I covered for 7 years, plenty of dogs, no treats, unless they were in the truck. There are ways to deal with most dogs, if not you sheet it undeliverable.

wilberforce15

Every dog is a bite risk. Scared people get bit more. Those that have knowledge and respect not so much. I never got bit in 30 plus years. Some dogs you can win over some you leave alone. I covered for 7 years, plenty of dogs, no treats, unless they were in the truck. There are ways to deal with most dogs, if not you sheet it undeliverable.
Every dog is a bite risk.

Dogs that are accustomed to treats and don't get them are increased bite risks.

Not hard.

wilberforce15

You should stick to what you know. You obviously have an irrational fear of dogs too.
I have a perfectly rational fear of unfed pit bulls and other very narrow slices of the dog population, especially in areas with high concentrations of dip**** owners. You can probably figure out where that is.

It must be nice to deliver to nice dogs.

We've had two drivers killed by gunshots in the past few years. The dogs in those kinds of places are....different.

wilberforce15

False. It’s just your opinion
Well, no.

There exists some sort of risk from every dog.

When a dog is displeased, whatever that risk is, it is now higher.

Not bringing food to a previously-fed dog displeases them.

This is 100% not even debateable. The only question is the scale of the effect in different places.

UnionStrong

I have a perfectly rational fear of unfed pit bulls and other very narrow slices of the dog population, especially in areas with high concentrations of dip**** owners. You can probably figure out where that is.

It must be nice to deliver to nice dogs.

We've had two drivers killed by gunshots in the past few years. The dogs in those kinds of places are....different.
Well I can’t help that. I don’t have roving pit bulls where I live. If I encounter a potentially dangerous dog I avoid it. I’m sorry you have to put up with that. Maybe it’s time to move? And I’m not being sarcastic either.

UnionStrong

Well, no.

This is 100% not even debateable. The only question is the scale of the effect in different places.
Over simplifying

UnionStrong

Well, no.

I didn’t deliver to inner cities, these were suburban or country dogs.

wilberforce15

Well I can’t help that. I don’t have roving pit bulls where I live. If I encounter a potentially dangerous dog I avoid it. I’m sorry you have to put up with that. Maybe it’s time to move? And I’m not being sarcastic either.
Yes, so your perception of the safety of the activity is based on your area. This phenomenon that I experience is in every major city in the country. So, it is bad policy in a ton of places to feed dogs. It sets up the next guy very badly.

I live in the backwoods on acreage, drive a long way to a PT job for benefits, and I'm good to go. I love not being a driver for all kinds of reasons. This is another one.

I'm speaking to the wisdom of the no-food policy. In most major metros, it's a very good policy to have.

In suburbia, hand out all the dog treats you want.