In the year 2042
It will be peak everyday for you
You better watch what you say
Or you get 50 more stops the very next day

In the year 2042
All good things have got to end
If Amazons a comin’, they outta make it by then
Everything you think, do, and say
Depends on if you think Jim Casey was gay.

Now it’s been 10,000 years
Share holders have cried a million tears
The Brown Giant has faded from sight
Piss poor management never got it right
Whoa Whoa

Est.1998

The work week is reduced to 30 hours/ 7days.
Instead of home delivery, whatever drivers remaining will deliver to access points. PVD's/contractors will either deliver them or the customer will have the option to come pick them up.
The driver will then deliver to businesses the rest of the day (also pickup and possibly do same day delivery).
UPS will ditch the diad or reserve them for the PVD's/contractors.
Scanners/computers will be built into the truck, one under the 1000 shelf, another underneath the 7000 shelf.
A computer will replace the diad cradle, this will be used to clock in/ out, lunches, and other communications.
All training will be done in groups at the building once biannually.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
IMG_20220108_170214_623.jpg

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You really think we will still have jails in 2042 ? You will be in court mandated counseling to figure out why you have anger issues.
Allegations from early life. Probably 5 years from now in reality. Just gets brought up in the future law suit against me

WorknLateHuh

All holidays are now normal workdays which were traded for a $0.30/hour raise increase with the exception of Labor Day which now falls on Amazon prime week. So since this clearly is defined as an "Emergency Situation", they force from the bottom up to work on our only holiday.

D.o.t. max hours is now 95 hours/week, but it's ok because you get an extra 5minutes of lunch if you are over 80 hours and a free bottle of water.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just finished our interior painting project (got all the pictures and nick-nacks hung back up). Asked the wife if that was it for ladder projects and she assured me it was. Hauled the ladder and tools back out to my workshop. That was 2 days ago. Today she buys 3 new ceiling lights for me to hang. DAMN WOMEN. Its no wonder we die earlier than they do.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just finished our interior painting project (got all the pictures and nick-nacks hung back up). Asked the wife if that was it for ladder projects and she assured me it was. Hauled the ladder and tools back out to my workshop. That was 2 days ago. Today she buys 3 new ceiling lights for me to hang. DAMN WOMEN. Its no wonder we die earlier than they do.

Get an aluminum ladder, they're easier to haul around than fiberglass.

rod

Retired 22 years
Get an aluminum ladder, they're easier to haul around than fiberglass.
I've got every conceivable ladder imaginable from a 2 foot camping step stool to a Little Giant Ladder to a 28 foot extension ladder and everything in between. Wood- aluminum, fiberglass---you name it. Off the top of my head I can think of 7 of them. Here's a helpful hint --don't buy a Little Giant Ladder unless you enjoy working on narrow steps. When the ladder is extended the steps are only about a inch wide --if that. The one I use the most is probably my 6 foot fiberglass one I found in the middle of the highway one day while driving at UPS.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've got every conceivable ladder imaginable from a 2 foot camping step stool to a Little Giant Ladder to a 28 foot extension ladder and everything in between. Wood- aluminum, fiberglass---you name it. Off the top of my head I can think of 7 of them. Here's a helpful hint --don't buy a Little Giant Ladder unless you enjoy working on narrow steps. When the ladder is extended the steps are only about a inch wide --if that. The one I use the most is probably my 6 foot fiberglass one I found in the middle of the highway one day while driving at UPS.
Found many tools on the road.