UPS/MBE problems?

moreluck

golden ticket member
funwithups....I think in that article, they are trying to compare apples to oranges.

My understanding is that FDX bought a "copy center" and UPS bought a place for you to send packages in your neighborhood. Those are 2 different animals.

Excellent response and thank you. What I'd like you all to gain from that blog is that is exactly what the owners thought. We thought with a name like TUPSS, people would associate us with shipping and packing. UPS has decided to undercut and circumvent the stores via the internet, turning us into expensive, staffed drop boxes, without any expense to UPS. Let me put it this way: MY rent is $3000/month. My drop-off count has trippled in the last year. I receive $1.10 for a drop-off. There are 4,100 stores accepting over 2,000,000 drop-offs per month, and we are responsible if a drop-off is haz-mat. Do you really want to criticize the ma & pa's at this point? We're just trying to get by.
BB-FWUPS
moreluck said:
funwithups....I think in that article, they are trying to compare apples to oranges.

My understanding is that FDX bought a "copy center" and UPS bought a place for you to send packages in your neighborhood. Those are 2 different animals.