UPS overgoods/lost items assistance

Cmjb13

Hello,

I have an issue maybe someone can assist me with. I’ll say that in 25 years of shipping with various carriers, I have never experienced anything like this.

I shipped a package on 6/26 which contained several items including 2 video game pcb boards, 1 Joystick/controller & 2 wiring harnesses. I packaged the items quite well, no different than I’ve packed any other package.

The recipient received only the 2 video game boards damaged in what looks to be a separate thin piece of cardboard or just a portion of the original box (it’s difficult to tell)

I went to a UPS customer service center and explained the whole situation. They believe that the package got damaged on an assembly line/conveyor belt and since only the 2 boards were with my original label, that is what continued on to the recipient. They took a picture of the joystick and the woman there said she would text it to someone who may be able to assist. I also provided them an itemized list of all the contents as well as my cell phone number and email address.

The video games boards are very difficult to replace (not impossible) since they cannot be repaired. However, the joystick is basically impossible to replace.

I’m hopeful that the remaining lost items were sent to some sort of lost and found (ups overgoods?) The transit history is below if it’s helpful to any degree

06/29/2023
1:00 P.M.
Delivered
DELIVERED
Eagan, MN, US
06/29/2023
9:09 A.M.
Out for Delivery
Out For Delivery Today
Eagan, MN, United States
06/29/2023
4:20 A.M.
On the Way
Processing at UPS Facility
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
11:29 P.M.
Arrived at Facility
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
8:13 A.M.
Departed from Facility
Hodgkins, IL, United States
06/28/2023
5:51 A.M.
Arrived at Facility
06/27/2023
2:50 A.M.
Departed from Facility
Secaucus, NJ, United States
06/27/2023
12:26 A.M.
Origin Scan

I have insurance on the package and a claim in process, but even if I receive reimbursement, I’d much rather have the joystick.

Does anyone know the best way I can contact the lost and found or overgoods department to see if the joystick can be located?

I truly appreciate any assistance that can be helpful.

Thank you in advance

Brisket

From the (edit) second post:

Customers
Q Can you help me with...
A This site is not an official UPS site and is only intended for employees. If you have questions or issues as a customer, please click here for helpful resources:

Cowboy Mac

Hello,

I have an issue maybe someone can assist me with. I’ll say that in 25 years of shipping with various carriers, I have never experienced anything like this.

I shipped a package on 6/26 which contained several items including 2 video game pcb boards, 1 Joystick/controller & 2 wiring harnesses. I packaged the items quite well, no different than I’ve packed any other package.

The recipient received only the 2 video game boards damaged in what looks to be a separate thin piece of cardboard or just a portion of the original box (it’s difficult to tell)

I went to a UPS customer service center and explained the whole situation. They believe that the package got damaged on an assembly line/conveyor belt and since only the 2 boards were with my original label, that is what continued on to the recipient. They took a picture of the joystick and the woman there said she would text it to someone who may be able to assist. I also provided them an itemized list of all the contents as well as my cell phone number and email address.

The video games boards are very difficult to replace (not impossible) since they cannot be repaired. However, the joystick is basically impossible to replace.

I’m hopeful that the remaining lost items were sent to some sort of lost and found (ups overgoods?) The transit history is below if it’s helpful to any degree

06/29/2023
Delivered
DELIVERED
Eagan, MN, US
06/29/2023
Out for Delivery
Out For Delivery Today
Eagan, MN, United States
06/29/2023
On the Way
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
Arrived at Facility
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
Departed from Facility
06/28/2023
Arrived at Facility
06/27/2023
Departed from Facility
06/27/2023
Origin Scan

I have insurance on the package and a claim in process, but even if I receive reimbursement, I’d much rather have the joystick.

Does anyone know the best way I can contact the lost and found or overgoods department to see if the joystick can be located?

Thank you in advance
The package probably got damaged. I would probably call 1-800-PICK-UPS. Helping…

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Hello,

06/29/2023
Delivered
DELIVERED
Eagan, MN, US
06/29/2023
Out for Delivery
Out For Delivery Today
Eagan, MN, United States
06/29/2023
On the Way
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
Arrived at Facility
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
Departed from Facility
06/28/2023
Arrived at Facility
06/27/2023
Departed from Facility
06/27/2023
Origin Scan

Thank you in advance
You picked the absolute best time to post this. We are all drunk because we were all hungover because we were all ripped last night. Ain’t nobody gonna scale that wall of text.

Cowboy Mac

You picked the absolute best time to post this. We are all drunk because we were all hungover because we were all ripped last night. Ain’t nobody gonna scale that wall of text.
Damn right. We’re pretty much all current or retired drivers here and a few corporate spies as well. If it ain’t on my truck I don’t know about it.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello,

06/29/2023
Delivered
DELIVERED
Eagan, MN, US
06/29/2023
Out for Delivery
Out For Delivery Today
Eagan, MN, United States
06/29/2023
On the Way
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
Arrived at Facility
Eagan, MN, United States
06/28/2023
Departed from Facility
06/28/2023
Arrived at Facility
06/27/2023
Departed from Facility
06/27/2023
Origin Scan

Thank you in advance

Check your private messages

Your packaging has to be pristine in order to survive UPS.

First it gets picked up by a driver doing pickups at a UPS store/business/access point. Driver's are usually nice to the packages.

Next it goes to an unloader at the local ups hub. Those guy are low wage and usually go ham on the packages throwing them onto a conveyor as fast as they can.

The conveyor takes it to be loaded into a semi trailer. The loader usually stacks it really compact if the box ends up up too it can usually topple and break when it is unloaded at the next facility.

The semi takes it on a magical UPS journey.

This is probably where your packages gets damaged. Next it gets to a preload hub. Unload tosses boxes on conveyors like wild apes and it gets sorted on conveyor to be on a UPS package car.

A preloader probably sees your package in a lumpy state with holes coming down a conveyor and chucks it into a corner of a package car without even bothering to tape it up with the shipping label upside down.

If I had to guess your missing items is somewhere at the last hub it was at. Call the facility by phone and have them look around the penns and their overgoods area. I think every hub has a customer counter you can call.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
irish-family-guy.gif

clean hairy

Turd, if this person showed up at your customer counter would you have done all she claims another counter supposedly did with pics, etc?

Cmjb13

I reached out to the Overgoods dept (number courtesy of (Mr. Ferguson). I waited 10 days and they initiated a search and could not find anything. I suspect that the search terms they used (I provided them several) did not match the description of the person cataloging the item, but the items may still be there. I understand that overgoods items not claimed are auctioned off.

Does anyone know where someone can look at these auctions?

Thank you

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I reached out to the Overgoods dept (number courtesy of (Mr. Ferguson). I waited 10 days and they initiated a search and could not find anything. I suspect that the search terms they used (I provided them several) did not match the description of the person cataloging the item, but the items may still be there. I understand that overgoods items not claimed are auctioned off.

Thank you

There is no looking at the items you need to be a registered bidder and you are a bidding on the contents of a 40’ trailer
No way to know what’s in them
Auctions are in Atlanta and maybe StLouis not sure on that

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Thank you

(Mr Ferguson) lmao