UPS Releases 2Q Earnings

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
thats a solid insight. In the southeast (not sure your region) it seems to be a slightly modified mindset. I keep hearing that the pvd's are harassing the * out of the sups daily to get called back into service but contracts are preventing the process form happening. I dont know the truth in any of that so its literally guys standing around a coffee pot talking *.
We had about 30 PVDs at my center over peak.
Our best one did 17 stops an hour. In a rich suburbanite neighborhood setting.

I just don't see any of them being able to replace our drivers.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
lol not going to happen anywhere but UPS bud. You guys know you have a valuable opportunity here that any schmuck off the sidewalk would LOVE to have. You shouldnt plan to make this kind of spending money unless you go full time CDL. Is there any other logistic company that doesnt require a CDL paying $40 an hour and free family health benefits?
must be why we are chronically understaffed. at our center 3 new 22.4's in qualifying just quit within the last week, along with an rpcd at top rate and well short of retirement. on the bright side, all (except for one qualifying 22.4) were hydrated when they left the company.

SafetyFirst

Top rate is a healthy wage all things considered, but it's years before new hires ever reach that rate.

It takes a certain tolerance or sickness depending on your POV to do this job everyday. We've seen multiple guys who were full time quit in the last year. There are union jobs in my area that have the same requirements as UPS starting at 25$ an hour. I don't think most of those jobs ever reach our top rate wage, but they certainly deal with less crap.

Top rate is a healthy wage all things considered, but it's years before new hires ever reach that rate.

It takes a certain tolerance or sickness depending on your POV to do this job everyday. We've seen multiple guys who were full time quit in the last year. There are union jobs in my area that have the same requirements as UPS starting at 25$ an hour. I don't think most of those jobs ever reach our top rate wage, but they certainly deal with less crap.
But they are the same benefit package?
You can always look at the just flat out wages

Up In Smoke

We had about 30 PVDs at my center over peak.
Our best one did 17 stops an hour. In a rich suburbanite neighborhood setting.

I just don't see any of them being able to replace our drivers.
I wrote our building PVD grievances for the last 3 years and the daily package summary report didn't include sort and load time. That's why the average for all PVDs was sub 7 SPOHR. We had a 70 year old man who worked every day. Two hours S&L and 7 hours delivering. 60 stops and 80 pcs, 2 trips back to the center each day. $$$

ManInBrown

Very simple reason for why the stock tanked. Volume is back to reality. Up until a few days ago, for weeks everyone thought the pandemic was over. People havent been working from home and sheltering in place for months. When everyone was stuck inside volume was thru the roof. I didn’t sell a share. Might never see $200 a share again. I think this is just the beginning of the freefall. I wouldn’t be shocked if it settled back down to its normal range of $120-$140. Kind of regretting it, but nothing you can do. Selling the stock before retirement sucks anyway. You get pounded from every direction. Capital gains taxes, income taxes. Everyone has their grubby hands in your pocket.

quad decade guy

I don't track well, that's rich coming from a doosch that asks someone to define a word every third post.

You proved something false, because you said so....got it...
So....

A chart was presented, presumably to shore up the notion that stock prices were deliberately being driven down to show poverty by the company.....which didn't prove anything. And the ensuing personal attacks and hate that followed added nothing prove the original statement. Of which the OP has carefully avoided.

Words mean things.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So....

A chart was presented, presumably to shore up the notion that stock prices were deliberately being driven down to show poverty by the company.....which didn't prove anything. And the ensuing personal attacks and hate that followed added nothing prove the original statement. Of which the OP has carefully avoided.

Words mean things.
Where you been? Working on your plane???

A749117F-994E-4A2C-9AFB-AFCA433972C6.gif

bdmiz

So....

Words mean things.
did you listen to the quarterly earnings report call? if not then you have nothing to add. Carol was generally negative when she should have been positive. If you think this kind of :censored2: ery is above ups management i have some bad news.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
That honestly has nothing to do with it. We leave the building everyday at 9:45. No one gives a * about next day airs anymore. Just bc you have tattoos etc does not mean you won’t provide good customer service. The company does not care about the customer not the driver imo
We treat the customer as an inconvenience and the driver as a burden anymore. Shes all about saving money which is great and all but.............you gotta invest back into your company as well.

So....

Words mean things.
And you provided nothing, which is less than a chart, to disprove the notion.

You add nothing more than sad entertainment to any statement.