UPS Slip-sliding away

IzzyTheNose

Some will never admit that. Not will they see the bigger picture. It's all about the short term with some folks.

Give me a break. And while you're at it, hop off your friend'ing soapbox. You're not that enlightened.

The company STILL made over a BILLION dollars this quarter, genius. Do you really think this slight dip will continue on into Q3 and Q4? Get out of here. This company is on pace for an excess of $4 billion dollars in profits for the year. And it could quite easily cross over $5 billion.

What will YOU say then? How will you defend why you voted in favor of a contract that was RIDDLED with concessions, even while the company is well on it's way to an 8th straight year of multibillion dollar profits? Answer that one for me.

Ohh, wait. I know. "We don't want to price ourselves out of jobs!" <shakes fist>

LOFL

I can't tell you how much I hope the company gives its CEO, CFO and COO raises that eclipse 70%, just as they did just TWO damn years ago. That will REALLY be the icing on the cake.

YOU voted in favor of a contract that opens the door for us losing far MORE beyond just the next 5 years, and you want US to comment on a measly $50k that the company didn't make this quarter, as opposed to last year?
[video=youtube;rcp951egMHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcp951egMHI[/video]
picard.jpg

kingOFchester

Pretty pissed off right now, so did not read past Stink asking do I care to respond.

Yes, they lost about 2 cents per share. About 1.7% less then the same quarter last year. Not much in my book. Profits go up, profits go down.

IF UPS wants to survive and grow revenue, they need to do it by growing the business. To branch out into other avenues for revenue. If the only way they can maintain profits is by cutting, then we are all doomed. They need to stop focusing on cutting, and focus on growing.

I grilledthe most awesome piece of steak this weekend. Got it from my local butcher. Had some excess fat. I trimmed away what I didn't want, but if I kept hacking away at it, at some point there would be nothing left.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
IF UPS wants to survive and grow revenue, they need to do it by growing the business. To branch out into other avenues for revenue. If the only way they can maintain profits is by cutting, then we are all doomed. They need to stop focusing on cutting, and focus on growing.

What do you think they've been doing? E.g. Supply chain solutions, logistics.

Maybe UPS should do what it did back in the late 80s/early 90s and operate its aircraft on select weekend passenger charter flights. Grab a piece of those $1000 winter airfares from NYC to Cancun!

DOK

Is this evidence that the cutting of routes isn't working? Might it actually costs the company more profits than adding a couple routes and paying less out in over time.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
​That's why the comparison was to 2nd quarter last year.

Sounds like short term cuts are coming back to haunt them in the form of weaker comps. Its like this all over in operations, the regime before did shortcuts to achieve unbelievable numbers, eventually the house of cards falls, resulting in someones head rolling and a new "initiative" to "get back to basics" will be thrown to stockholders as a reason to reset the numbers to be achievable.

This happens in all companies that use short sighted tactics to pump numbers in order to make investors happy.

stink219

Some will never admit that. Not will they see the bigger picture. It's all about the short term with some folks.

Give me a break. And while you're at it, hop off your friend'ing soapbox. You're not that enlightened.

The company STILL made over a BILLION dollars this quarter, genius. Do you really think this slight dip will continue on into Q3 and Q4? Get out of here. This company is on pace for an excess of $4 billion dollars in profits for the year. And it could quite easily cross over $5 billion.

What will YOU say then? How will you defend why you voted in favor of a contract that was RIDDLED with concessions, even while the company is well on it's way to an 8th straight year of multibillion dollar profits? Answer that one for me.

Ohh, wait. I know. "We don't want to price ourselves out of jobs!" <shakes fist>

LOFL

I can't tell you how much I hope the company gives its CEO, CFO and COO raises that eclipse 70%, just as they did just TWO damn years ago. That will REALLY be the icing on the cake.

YOU voted in favor of a contract that opens the door for us losing far MORE beyond just the next 5 years, and you want US to comment on a measly $50k that the company didn't make this quarter, as opposed to last year?
[video=youtube;rcp951egMHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcp951egMHI[/video]
I keep hearing some morons say "the biggest concessions". Where are they? I've only read improvements. I have had no problems policing our last 2 contracts. This next one will be a breeze. Maybe your issue is with your local or maybe in yourself. Who cares the company made a billion? You have a very finite mentality. Sorry dude. I can't help you with that.

DOK

​We'll never know.

And that's too bad. If the company would take the time to do a chalkboard session, at the center level, to show an example of an average day for that center with say 50 routes, and what kind of money the company would save for each route they cut, with all things considered. It might go a long way to help some understand.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And that's too bad. If the company would take the time to do a chalkboard session, at the center level, to show an example of an average day for that center with say 50 routes, and what kind of money the company would save for each route they cut, with all things considered. It might go a long way to help some understand.

Explanations means very little or nothing.

My point is that UPS will not add back routes unless it saves money to do so ... therefore we'll never know because actually doing it is the only way we'll ever know.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Does this help?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I thought so yesterday, but I'm convinced today, that cachsux has surpassed Hoaxster as BC's biggest smartazz...