UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 2012

oldngray

nowhere special
Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

You can believe what you want. I am tired of arguing. But in my case I am paying lower fees now with the added benefit of other perks I get where I invest. I used to have most in S&P index fund when it was in UPS 401k plan. Good return, low but the administrative fees Prudential charged ate into that. I now actively manage my investments myself, and most are long term ( an example would be with no load if I leave invested for a period of 12 months for example ), but I diversify. I also have money in a non retirement account I invest in but need to watch the capital gains when I adjust the portfolio.

brownboyups

Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

sold AI...very unstable
now i have just over $7,500 in trade cash
going to use that money to buy RNO tuesday as a trade
going to announce dividend around 7-25-13

RNO $13.07
RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS LP COM UNIT REPSTG LTD PARTNER Stock Quote RNO | DailyFinance
dividends
RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS LP COM UNIT REPSTG LTD PARTNER Dividends RNO | DailyFinance

undervalued in my opinion
will sell all shares just before the EX date

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

sold AI...very unstable

RNO $13.07
RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS LP COM UNIT REPSTG LTD PARTNER Stock Quote RNO | DailyFinance
dividends
RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS LP COM UNIT REPSTG LTD PARTNER Dividends RNO | DailyFinance

​After reading the last 2 pages on this thread this is a refreshing change of subject. Not that I read it though.

Overpaid Union Thug

After comparing the fees (Jones was right) ,10 year and 5 year track records of the Prudential Roth to Roth IRAs of Vanguard and my bank's (USAA) I decided to take Dave Ramsey's advice and skip the 401K for now. I'm still only investing 8% of my income but I started adding my raises to my contributions last year. I will be up to 15% with future raises and once my wife starts working again.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

After comparing the fees (Jones was right) ,10 year and 5 year track records of the Prudential Roth to Roth IRAs of Vanguard and my bank's (USAA) I decided to take Dave Ramsey's advice and skip the 401K for now. I'm still only investing 8% of my income but I started adding my raises to my contributions last year. I will be up to 15% with future raises and once my wife starts working again.

So you're skipping the 401k yet increasing your contributions?

Overpaid Union Thug

So you're skipping the 401k yet increasing your contributions?

Yep. 8% into the Prudential Roth instead is 4% into the 401K and 4% into the Roth. I wanted to open an IRA through an outside service and max it out and put the difference (of the percentage of what I already contribute) into the 401k but the fees,track records, and fund choices didn't impress me.

Last edited:

brownboyups

sold AI...very unstable

RNO $13.07
dividends

bought 550 shares today @$13.21...closed $13.28
every point up or down $5.50
----------------------------------
YTD...+18%....+$22,249.98

Still don't see it...
20141024_223053.jpg

upschuck

Back on track here. I probably have that screen,because I used to have a self managed account. I dont have one,now.

You need alot of time to research stocks and make trades. You can make some great investments. You can also ruin your savings,if you are wrong!
I think they also charge more, then if you signed up for an online brokerage account. That is why I never did it that way.