UPS's "Circle Of Honor" Now Totals 4,648 Drivers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS's "Circle Of Honor" Now Totals 4,648 Drivers - UPS.com

UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced the induction of 715 elite drivers into its "Circle of Honor," pushing to 4,648 the total of active drivers who have steered clear of accidents for 25 years or more.

Of the new inductees, 10 are from Germany, 13 from Canada and the remainder from the United States. Of the total 4,648 now in the Circle, 188 have gone 35 years or more without an accident and 10 have gone 40 years or more. Collectively, UPS's active Circle of Honor drivers have compiled 131,372 years of accident-free driving.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

25+ years accident free deserves better than the responses given above. These drivers are a credit to our company as they put their training in to use on a daily basis to ensure the safety of the driving public and deserve our thanks, not the immature responses given by Elton and Mr 3 Point Seat Belt.

chev

Nightcrawler
25+ years accident free deserves better than the responses given above. These drivers are a credit to our company as they put their training in to use on a daily basis to ensure the safety of the driving public and deserve our thanks, not the immature responses given by Elton and Mr 3 Point Seat Belt.

You are absolutely right Upstate. Anyone that can legitimately earn it does deserve a lot of respect.

There is a driver (shop steward) in our department that got this prestigious award and half the building knows it's a friggin joke. I know of 4 accidents he has had in the 10 years I have been in feeders. One was a Tier III. They all seem to get brushed under the rug and it pisses me off. :angry: It really disrespects those who have actually EARNED this award.

You are absolutely right Upstate. Anyone that can legitimately earn it does deserve a lot of respect.

There is a driver (shop steward) in our department that got this prestigious award and half the building knows it's a friggin joke. I know of 4 accidents he has had in the 10 years I have been in feeders. They all seem to get brushed under the rug and it pisses me off. :angry: It really disrespects those who have actually EARNED this award.

Depends on whether they were avoidable or not. I know for a fact they were dinging guys with the slightest scratch as avoidable just to keep the size of the circle of honor dinner smaller to cut costs.

I can`t totally disagree with Rockets response as I`ll take a 25 yr driver any day over one who can recite that stuff verbatim. I still don`t get the 10 point in order every time but then again at 19 yrs and counting I haven`t killed anybody either.

chev

Nightcrawler
Depends on whether they were avoidable or not. I know for a fact they were dinging guys with the slightest scratch as avoidable just to keep the size of the circle of honor dinner smaller to cut costs.
Not surprised.
I know the one where he "hit other in rear" was his fault. That was the Tier III. He has torn up more equipment in the yard than the rest of us combined, but he always manages to slip out of it. Oh, did I mention he is on the safety committee too? :wink2: