Vacation while injured and LOA

If you are injured and on LOA and have vacation, what exactly happens? Do you get paid your vacation or do you simply lose it since you are out injured?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you are injured and on LOA and have vacation, what exactly happens? Do you get paid your vacation or do you simply lose it since you are out injured?
They have to pay you for it regardless. Depending on what kind of leave you're on, they can make you use all your vacation while you're off, except one week.

whenIgetthere

We just had someone come back from an injury, had four weeks vacation scheduled during the 90 days he was out. Now he has four weeks vacation to use before the end of May, they didn't make him use any of it while he was out.

SmithBarney

We just had someone come back from an injury, had four weeks vacation scheduled during the 90 days he was out. Now he has four weeks vacation to use before the end of May, they didn't make him use any of it while he was out.

I guess it's up to management, but the new "policy" is:
if you go out on FMLA you must use all but 1 week of vacation.
now if you go out on disability because of an injury at work, I believe you are
treated differently. workmans comp etc... pays.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Clarification....this is a work injury and workers comp is in effect. So does that effectively negate vacation pay?
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that with WC they can't make you take vacation concurrently as they can with FMLA. They have to either let you take the weeks when you come back or pay you for them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that with WC they can't make you take vacation concurrently as they can with FMLA. They have to either let you take the weeks when you come back or pay you for them.
are you saying that if you have, say 2 weeks vacation...and you take 2 weeks of FMLA time...the company will say..oh well that counts as your vacation?

I won't have the opportunity to take this vacation after I get back to work because I'll possibly be out past the new fiscal year mark of June 1st. That's why I'm curious what will happen to those 40 paid hours. If I had already sold this vacation week before I got hurt or had taken my last week of vacation already before my injury, I'd have obviously gotten paid for it. So then I should get that 40 hours paid once I come back off injury, correct?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I won't have the opportunity to take this vacation after I get back to work because I'll possibly be out past the new fiscal year mark of June 1st. That's why I'm curious what will happen to those 40 paid hours. If I had already sold this vacation week before I got hurt or had taken my last week of vacation already before my injury, I'd have obviously gotten paid for it. So then I should get that 40 hours paid once I come back off injury, correct?
Call your HR rep and talk to them about it. I'm not sure how it works going into the new year.