View paycheck unavailable Friday 10/4 to Sunday 10/6

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by cynic, Oct 3, 2013.

1. cynic

cynic New Member

Just happened to look at this week's paycheck today and saw:

Due to scheduled maintenance, the View Paycheck and Personal Information features will be unavailable all day Friday, October 4, until Sunday, October 6, at approximately noon Eastern time.

I'm paperless so I don't like it when I don't know...

2. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Have you considered a bidet...

3. cynic

cynic New Member

LMAO

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

considering we can view our check on Oct 3 rd, another case odd unneeded drama.

5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I always check mine on thur morning while im eating breakfast. Used to be you could check it at 1201am on wed night.

6. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

It's for the region consolidation. They have to update all of the payroll data and HR data behind the scenes which requires them to take the system down for a couple of days. No biggie.

7. BlackCat

BlackCat Member

It doesn't take "days" to update a DB. I would :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:can the entire IT dept of UPS. Their website design, functionality, and responsiveness is probably the worst I have seen.

8. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Is that why my password fails to work at random and I have to reset it?

9. BlackCat

BlackCat Member

I haven't experienced that problem. But I can tell by their structure that the IT dept is staffed by a bunch of hacks with 20 yr old MCSEs.

10. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

Do you live paycheck to paycheck ?? If not what's the big deal....I've had to deal shutdowns periodically in all sorts of instances (savings accts., checking accts.,IRA's,401k's, mutual funds, actively managed stock accts,..etc.) every account has experienced a shutdown for maintenance related issues, it's a cost associated w/ internet (online) banking

11. BlackCat

BlackCat Member

​Maybe so I can check the accuracy of my hours.. Have you ever thought about that?

A shutdown? Uuuhhh NO. A few hours of unexpected downtime per month maybe. A couple days of downtime is called poor planning.

12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I can't wait until you workers go back to work on Monday ... too crowded!

13. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

You could always check with your bank. Just a thought.

14. snookbunny420

snookbunny420 Member

most of us at the brown live paycheck to paycheck, what a dumb question

15. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Even if you get direct deposit you should still get a paper check that says void on it on Thursday.

16. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Not if you've elected to go paperless.

17. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

For them, it does. It's not just a database either...it's multiple systems so it's more than just running an update query. The last time we had a major consolidation in 2010, the timestamps on the records did show that it took a couple of days to update all of the records to new districts.

18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Just don't understand why you would go paperless that's all. Its all good though lol.

19. Go green.....? or marijuana??.lol.still need papers!.lol

20. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Word on that lol