Wasp-Infested Drop Box

MassWineGuy

There’s a driver at my station who has a box on his route that’s totally overrun by wasps. He refuses to open it and get stung. The SM, in her compassionate manner, told him “Other couriers open it.”

I’m thinking he’s not required to risk personal harm.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
They can taste fear. I open wasp-infested electrical panels all the time but I never get stung because the wasps are more afraid of getting sailfished. I smack them down like Michael Jordan or snatch them out of the air and throw them.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They can taste fear. I open wasp-infested electrical panels all the time but I never get stung because the wasps are more afraid of getting sailfished. I smack them down like Michael Jordan or snatch them out of the air and throw them.
And you’re not a winey little bitch either.

rod

Retired 22 years
Serious question----can you buy wasp killer (spray cans) in your neck of the woods? I've tried for 2 months to find some here but apparently Mn. is out of it. Meanwhile I've got 2 nests that continue to row. If nothing else a good Mn. freeze (coming soon) will take care of them.

Mutineer

Serious question----can you buy wasp killer (spray cans) in your neck of the woods? I've tried for 2 months to find some here but apparently Mn. is out of it. Meanwhile I've got 2 nests that continue to row. If nothing else a good Mn. freeze (coming soon) will take care of them.

Automotive starting fluid.

Years ago I had a can (think it was NAPA brand) that killed angry stinging insects faster than anything. Dead before they hit the ground. The ones you miss catch a whiff and will go through the eye of a needle if that's what it takes to get away.

As the years went by, that can ran out so I bought another (don't remember the brand) and it was mostly ineffective for killing anything!

California has passed alot of laws regarding VOC emissions that has made alot of things that used to be good suck.

YMMV on what you have in yer state.

Mutineer

91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol is worth considering. I poured some into the hole of a red ant mound once and they never returned.

It would be worth trying that dispensing it through an empty spray bottle.

purpder

There’s a driver at my station who has a box on his route that’s totally overrun by wasps. He refuses to open it and get stung. The SM, in her compassionate manner, told him “Other couriers open it.”

Attachments

• jakjgU.gif
    jakjgU.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 31

It will be fine

I just emptied a can behind my window shutters, got a 2 for one deal on a few more cans at the local hardware store. The store employees probably think you’re huffing the fumes.

DriverNerd

I was stung in the neck when a letter box had a nest in the door gap. Center gave me a can of spray and I took care of the problem. Definitely be careful if you're allergic, of course.

!Retired!

Wasp nests don't popup overnight. Someone wasn't paying attention when they were building it.