We are Right in the Middle of Summer, Watcha Doin?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I just spent 2 weeks in Iowa in 90 degree humid heat without an electric site. That's enough. I did my share of tent camping / pop up camper crap years ago--back when the tents were made of heavy canvas. This trip will be heated, air-conditioned, elect., water, sewer, cable tv-stocked refrigerator-- you name it. No roughing it this time. Roughing it is for poor people :-).
You're not camping then. You're RVing. I go wilderness camping with my kids. Strap 40+ lbs on our backs and hike miles into the mountains. Have to admit that the days I can continue to do so are limited at my age.

Shiftless

Summer is winding down! I know this because G-Kid's start soccer practice today and first games are this weekend!

Looking forward with anticipation!

Lost two good friends two cancer this summer.

One a UPSer I have been best buddies with this Man for over 30 years!
He retired just under three years ago and had just turned 61. Health and exercise nut! Family man! Everyone admired. Always a smile on his face! I am not exaggerating! One morning he noticed his pee looked a lil off color?? Found a super small tumor on his bladder, ok tumor removed all is good, NOPE, 6 months later bladder taken out! Few months later, back pain?? WTF?? Lung Cancer!!! NON SMOKER! Apparently metastasized. Said you have 3 months! Died in 3 weeks!

So if you get anything out of what I wrote just above? I sure hope it is "Retire as soon as possible" there are NO guarantee's!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We have no kill shelters all around us. Great that you volunteer.
We donate $$$ from time to time. Our last dog came from the shelter.
Shelter animals are the BEST pets. Seems like they know.......