Welfare fraud

DS

Fenderbender
Even here there are people that take advantage of our health care and social assistance programs.
I haven`t seen any lexuses but some folks seem to get by
on my dollar too.The illegals here are usually deported if they get caught.
Some people have been working under false names for the last 10 years ...(paying taxes)when they come forward they
are susequently deported regardless of thier otherwise clean record.Its like a law that is mandatory,maybe its a good one for all I know.If the reason for deporting them is considered a lack of integrity on thier part then it sounds a lot like ups.
honesty and integrity.If you were dishonest once,theres probability that youve been screwing them for years.

beentheredonethat

[

I'm sure its happening. There are groups with the support of the democrats doing everything they can to undermine our immigration laws.

Tie, I don't see either side doing a stellar job on this topic. Amnesty was done before by Reagan with stiff new rules for entering the country. The first part happened, amnesty, the tough rules didn't. The worst part of this whole thing is that we've created a system where it's better for people to cheat and gain entry into the country then to follow the rules. For the most part, employers make out by hiring illegal aliens. I know some people aren't happy with how this term isn't pc. But it is accurate. They are illegal if they are in the country illegally.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Into another rant anyone???????

I was minding my own business, as always, and I noticed this car I had seen sitting at a speedy mart for about an hour, while I drove up one side and down the other....
When I came back down she was still there, and pulling out, I just happened to be going the same road. I was far enough behind, that I saw something fall from her car, when I got up to the "package" at first I thought it was her purse, then I saw it was a lg bag of something. So I stopped and it was a bag of loser lotto tickets, at this moment, this eve, not on the job, I have counted the 5,10, and 20s and came up with 660$ of tickets, another 400 or so uncounted (or checked:wink:)of 3, 2 and 1 dollar losers. The ironic thing in this bag was the food receipts, all paid for by, you guessed it , you and Me. 60$+ on one day within hours for tgi fridays potato skin chips, 10 bags, at 3.98 apiece, pepsi, wings, you know staples.....:blush:All paid for by the illustrious direction card, the Ohio food stamp program.
And guess what else a credit card receipt for gas and cigs. With a name and a sig.
Now heres my question, I see 3 crimes with evidence to convict.
Littering
Food stamp fraud
Welfare abuse.

Now While I dont know how many of you had the time today to scratch 1000 $ worth of tickets, or the money, I do know if you are buying 1000$ worth of lottery tickets, you should not be getting any govt assistance.
Is it just me, am I being a bigot again? :w00t:

So my congressman TIM RYAN, went on some stupid mission with congresspeople Jim Mcgovern of MA, Jo ann Emerson MO, and Janice Schakowsky Il to participate in "the food stamp challenge", sponsored by the HOUSE HUNGER CAUCUS. On May 14th 2007, saying the avg family on welfare gets 617, dollars a month for food, which in their calculation is only 3$ per day, per person. WEll then tell me how its possible this b*tch spent 60 in one day on junk food and 1000 on lotto.
Fair tax, will help to curb this, but in the meantime, I have all the necessary evidence to prosecute, Who do you think will take the challenge? I wrote to Mr RYAN, who next. I know when I get p**sed off others arent far behind, Im sick to death of it!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:1

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Cool, Moeluck, what about the welfare, or "family services", I should say. Do you think anyone would even look into it? Im going to pursue it one deadbeat at a time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Make just one letter simply stating your concerns and what you witnessed.

Make tons of copies and send to all.

Get friends to do the same and provide the friends with a letter too, so they don't have to compose it.....just address and send.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Send a letter to any government agency you can think of that might want to hear your story......

Call your local news too and give them the story....a letter to the editor might help too.

LKLND3380

Maybe I am the only one bothered by this, but I know I have places on my route who are begging for employees, and the pay isnt bad, 10 bucks to start, better than welfare, but it takes effort. Something lacking in this demographic.

Instead of the IRS going through my return with a fine tooth comb, maybe they ought to go to the area stores in the !st and have people show them how they are driving a LEXUS, yet qualify for food stamps. How they need help with food but spend 300 on lotto tickets. Take the pee test, if you dont pass, you dont get. Think of the money it would save us all. You cant pass a drug test, no wonder you cant get a job, quit now, no more money, we would see society improve immensly. JMHO, as always:w00t:

$10 to start... I know you are not talking about UPS - $8.50 AND $9.50...

I think they should get rid of Federal Income Tax and just go with a Federal Sales Tax.. This way anyone who spends money in the US pays taxes no matter how old OR where they come from... Kids, tourists, terrorist splinter cells, illegal immigrants - everyone who spends money in the US they pay sales tax... No more filing taxes... No more refunds... BUT that $1.25 Coke is now $1.75 and the two for $2.00 Mc Donalds would cost $3.00 after taxes... Having a Federal Sales Tax would mean you take home 100% of what you make UNLESS you have deductions like Union dues, etc...

LKLND3380

Good point, with the long hours that people in Package work, it is difficult to get to the Polls on Tuesday from 7AM to 7PM. I wish we would have Elections around the clock on Saturday. You can call your County Election officials where I am at and request an Absentee Ballot and vote by mail, I have done that before. In Georgia, we have had several laws passed to require a photo ID to vote, but these in been thrown out in the courts. Some people don't mind showing their ID to buy tobacco and alcohol, but scream discrimination at Election time.

Make election day a national holiday... and make a Wednesday so no long holiday weekends

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
$10 to start... I know you are not talking about UPS - $8.50 AND $9.50...

I think they should get rid of Federal Income Tax and just go with a Federal Sales Tax.. This way anyone who spends money in the US pays taxes no matter how old OR where they come from... Kids, tourists, terrorist splinter cells, illegal immigrants - everyone who spends money in the US they pay sales tax... No more filing taxes... No more refunds... BUT that $1.25 Coke is now $1.75 and the two for $2.00 Mc Donalds would cost $3.00 after taxes... Having a Federal Sales Tax would mean you take home 100% of what you make UNLESS you have deductions like Union dues, etc...
Exactly, UPS used to be the best paying pt job you could get!! And still is if you need the benefits, but if you want to work 40 hrs, with no benefits, it no longer is.
What you are talking about is the FAIR TAX, even the hookers pay, and YOU decide how much you pay, based on what you need. To anyone who hasnt looked into it, its www.fairtax.org. Get your congress people to vote it in or vote them out. Imagine taking your whole check home, and deciding how to spend your tax dollars!!

athena

Before you all run off and contact your representatives, consider first the implication. I was 19 and innocent as the day is long. I got pregnant. The father decided that either I give the child to him and forget about the kid or I could take the child and he would basically come around when he felt like it. I had a couple of options 1) murder the child (aka abortion) 2) give the kid to the father and forget about him 3) give the child up for adoption or 4) take responsibility for what I had done and put the child before my own needs. I chose option 4.

I was almost 20 when I had my son. I had graduated from high school as the salutatorian (2nd in my class). I was accepted to a great private school with a full scholarship. I later graduated with a bachelor's degree. Then I got my masters and now I am 1 year from having my doctorate degree. I might have been able to do this without "welfare" but it would have been ten times harder and more importantly my son would have suffered.

I will be honest, it was so hard to walk into that family services office and ask for help, especially when I knew it was my fault I was in that position. All I could think of was that I was a bad person for having to do that. All b/c I messed up and trusted someone I shouldn't have. Trust me, if there had been another option (other than welfare), I would have jumped on it but I wouldn't let my kid go without medical attention b/c I couldn't afford it and child support enforcement couldn't get his father to pay for it.

I remember looking at the people that came into that office. I was never once jealous of any of them and mostly felt sorry for them. I was glad I knew my situation was only temporary b/c I had a mother who had taught me that my education would allow me to pick what I WANTED to do and not what I HAD to do.I knew I was meant to do more than just work my butt off for $10/hr at a job I would never really be satisfied doing.

Tooner, you are operating, IMO, under confirmation bias. You have beliefs about "welfare" people and notice the cases that confirm these beliefs and fail to notice the ones that don't or you give excuses for why they don't while still holding your beliefs to be true. I am not saying that welfare fraud doesn't happen but I can guarantee that there are people who use the system and become productive citizens. I will pay more in income taxes during my career than I ever took from welfare.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Athena YOU are not the people Tooner refers to. People who need help and get help and then work to get back on their feet is exactly who the program is for.

Tooner refers to the people who just suck the system dry because they are too damn lazy to work or even try. It's a "mindset".

My own kids have used the welfare system (as in food stamps) temporarily.

Temporarily is what it's designed for......but there are always creeps who want a free ride. It disgusts me too.

athena

Just some numbers to focus on for a moment. These are federal estimates based on previous years spending. You can look them up online b/c they are mandated to be open to the public. (gpoaccess.gov)

Department of Defense estimated to spend for 2007 around 504 billion dollars for things like military personnel, procurement, operations and maintenance, family housing, research and development, etc. (these are the big ones)

Department of Health and Human Services estimated to spend for 2007 around 697 billion dollars (this is the one welfare falls under BUT.... so does the CDC, National Institute of Health, FDA, Medicaid, Medicare, Indian Health Services, Admin on Aging, etc.)

204 Billion dollars of the 697 billion estimated to be spent
on medicaid which covers mostly children and pregnant
women

Office of Homeland Security estimated to spend for 2007 43 billion for flood insurance, preparedness, FEMA (that is some money well spent! :tongue_sm) US Secret Service, Citizen immigration Services etc.

Oh and just for the roads comment
DOT estimated to spend 65 billion dollars on railroads, highways, transit systems, aviation, etc. (keep in mind, most of these systems have private companies invested in the upkeep so I am sure the govt doesn't even foot the whole bill).

Now, I am sure these numbers make perfect sense and by reducing the money going to welfare (more specifically food stamps) it will make a HUGE difference! I even bet the money will go to the Education Department which FYI is estimated to spend 192 billion dollars for elementary, high school, and secondary education (which includes the student loans that will be paid back)

So, obviously we have run rampant with the welfare system. The rest of these expenses "your" money has been spent on make perfect sense and you should only concern yourself with the lady who bought cigs and lotto tickets. Forget about the war on terrorism! That is a great way to spend billions of dollars!

athena

Athena YOU are not the people Tooner refers to. People who need help and get help and then work to get back on their feet is exactly who the program is for.

Tooner refers to the people who just suck the system dry because they are too damn lazy to work or even try. It's a "mindset".

My own kids have used the welfare system (as in food stamps) temporarily.

Temporarily is what it's designed for......but there are always creeps who want a free ride. It disgusts me too.

Yeah, but my fear is that writing to the representatives will create a situation that only hurts the people that use the system temporarily. As someone already said, the ones abusing the system have plenty of time to sit around and figure out how to get around the system. It is like gun control, it doesn't keep the guns out of criminals hands.

BCFan

[

I'm sure its happening. There are groups with the support of the democrats doing everything they can to undermine our immigration laws.
:w00t: Tie its not just the Dems hell everyone is afraid to pi$$ off our southern visitors...seems like this group could become the largest voting block in this country .....at that point it may not be press 1 for english more like Dos!!!!!:cursing: BC (not burrito culture)