Well, it's been a good ride

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Right On Milkman!!

I only have been retired going on 2 years. Can not believe how fast time goes now.

People are saying I look younger and am smiling all the time. Body is healed up and I feel pretty good. Everyday seems like a Saturday.

Love bragging to my former co-workers how great retirement is and try to talk them into going out ASAP.

The ones that don't are just fearful in most cases.

Not a moment of regret. My main goal is to collect this pension longer than the time i worked for this company, ha ha ha

The Milkman

Dang it, mi brotha! You realy goood at da righting and evereething! I Gat all red ies and evereething.

There was a point awhile back, I really realized how important time is. Time isn't infinite. It isn't going to be there forever. there is a line we won't go past. Dying with the most money, doesn't matter to anyone. That's when I decided to go and live the life I had been missing. I don't care what these guys try to convince themselves of. If your working 12 and 13's, you have no life. There's only 24 hours in a day. The math is easy. You Mr. Milkman are obviously aware of this. Take care, and have fun! Don't leave anything for the kids.

Planning to Croak Broke!! Gunna have fun spending what I saved, what good is a bank statement sitting on your desk worrying about tomorrow which may never come? And I know my day will come for my dirt nap.

The Milkman

Right On Milkman!!

I only have been retired going on 2 years. Can not believe how fast time goes now.

People are saying I look younger and am smiling all the time. Body is healed up and I feel pretty good. Everyday seems like a Saturday.

Love bragging to my former co-workers how great retirement is and try to talk them into going out ASAP.

The ones that don't are just fearful in most cases.

Not a moment of regret. My main goal is to collect this pension longer than the time i worked for this company, ha ha ha

My thinking also was to hope to get as many years of pension checks as my working years, I told my wife if I am in some kind of coma situation with no hope to awake, then take my brain, put it a jar, keep me technically alive until after the 1st, then pull the plug after my direct deposit. LOL

Inthegame

Our insurance continues as a supplemental at a reduced cost.
I could see them continuing to offer it if you are (foolishly) still working but they should cut it off if you are retired and turn 65.
Why do you think this? Do medical bills disappear at 65? Do you believe Medicare picks up everything?
Brownmonster is fortunate he's in a local union plan that uniquely offers this continuing coverage. Very few do. More should.

Pismo Bill

As of Monday May 1st I will no longer have medical, dental & vision benefits because I turn 65 in two weeks. Having these benefits made my decision to hang it up easy as soon as I was eligible. No waiting for the next contract, no more taking the daily stress and crap handed to you everyday while in your browns. Yes the costs that I was told I would pay over these last 10 years has crept up, but all in all I feel blessed to of had them. Hard to believe that it will be 10 years on 1/1/18 that I walked out into retirement.
Time flies, and that is the one thing we cannot buy. I value my time on this earth as priceless. Myself and others who have benefited with these retirement health care plans have truly earned them. As everyone someday will make that decision, you have to think back about those who have paved the way to where we are today. I feel lucky that as I look back on the Union itself , the old timers who helped me when I was a rookie, who gave me solid advice from experiences that they had prior to my hiring. I carried that advice and had respect for those who made things amongst us as a team of Brothers & Sisters a symbol of Strength, something that I feel today is somewhat lacking.

Since 1981 there has been many changes with UPS here and around the world, but the one thing that cannot change is that all of you still working have to stick together and hold strong in the face of the many changes that come about contract after contract.

Ups would like nothing better than to dissolve the Union, and cause us to fight amongst ourselves, which I am sure many of you can relate. I never thought that some of the hard earned benefits earned by those before me, and handed to me when I got hired would someday vanish little by little like erosion of a beach, not to return. I now move on with Life, dealing with SS medical, and a steady pension check every month.
Not many in this country can say they retired at 55 with medical benefits, we could because of banding together to make a better future for ourselves, our Families, current workers and retirees that follow. Without the Brotherhood I experienced with over 25 years at UPS that would of not been possible. My hats off to those who made the last 35+ years of my life better, something that some would come to envy, and for that I am Very Thankful, I am a blessed and Lucky guy for sure. Peace To All

Last edited:

Pismo Bill

In the southwest medical dental and vision last a lifetime then when you die spouse is still covered lifetime that is if you retired before last contract. After 65 medical becomes secondary to medicare.

newfups

Ah, I'm thinking of another Milkman, I guess! Your name and avatar had me thinking of a driver in my old building. Glad for your retirement success all the same!

Shiftless

In the southwest medical dental and vision last a lifetime then when you die spouse is still covered lifetime that is if you retired before last contract. After 65 medical becomes secondary to medicare.

BUT! The insurance is only good for $500K lifetime from the day you start retirement.

oldngray

nowhere special
C'mon there's 2 of us!
-Beetlejuice.jpg

Pismo Bill

BUT! The insurance is only good for $500K lifetime from the day you start retirement.
that is true but when medicare kicks in it will pay 80/20 so the ups medical will only kickin when you reach a $1000 out of pocket then medicare kicks in at i believe $1500 out of pocket. our dental has a life time limit of $10,000,000