What are the odds...

Packmule

Was on one of my first rural routes in the snow. Chained up on a dirt road, went to start my engine and realized I had lost the key off my waist in the process. It was a long day from that point on.
Rule number one when chaining up; remove everything from your pockets and belt you could possibly lose. Thanks for reminding me!

Ms.PacMan

Before my 30 days, i was at a dock not backed up all the way. Had my keys around my finger old school style, grabbed a package to load it and the keys fell off right into a gated drain. My pants got brown. Luckily I was at an import place that ships out to dollar stores. The owner had one of those sticks with a grabber on the end (seriously what are the odds) and I got the keys out. Now that I think about it... Seriously wtf are the odds I was at a stop that had a grabber for me to use. B

I delivered a NDA ltr to a whse, the offices were upstairs. Only the owner was there and I pounded on the door. There was another door going to the upstairs and when he answered the wind sucked the inside door shut and locked him out. It was winter and he had taken his shoes off and was just in socks, pants and a sweater.

He tried using my pocket knife to take the trim off the window insert in the door but it was screwed on. That summer I picked up a Phillips head screwdriver off the street and threw it in my truck. I ran to the truck and got the screwdriver and he took the window out of the door!

I delivered a NDA ltr to a whse, the offices were upstairs. Only the owner was there and I pounded on the door. There was another door going to the upstairs and when he answered the wind sucked the inside door shut and locked him out. It was winter and he had taken his shoes off and was just in socks, pants and a sweater.

He tried using my pocket knife to take the trim off the window insert in the door but it was screwed on. That summer I picked up a Phillips head screwdriver off the street and threw it in my truck. I ran to the truck and got the screwdriver and he took the window out of the door!
I'm always finding random tools. They usually fall off of a contractors truck.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just last year I delivered to a warehouse, got my signature and left. I get a message later telling that I need to go back and deliver their daily NDA package. I told them I did. I separate all my warehouse deliveries for people if I can. Stack like boxes together and such but always separate my NDA into another pile. Customer says, no I didn't, it's not there. I told them, "tell them to check under the dock plate, it may have slipped down between the plate and the floor." Sure enough, that where it was. So between me and the customer, one of us put it up there and it disappeared. But of course, it was completely my fault according to the customer.

JackStraw

One fine Spring day, I changed from long pants to shorts in the back of the truck and locked my keys in the back. My boss gave me my own bulkhead key that day.
Had just gotten a tattoo over the weekend and was putting cream on it in the back. left the keys on the shelf. A patient in the dentists office had a tool kit in her car, and I was able to take the lock apart and avoid having to make "The call"

Re-Raise

Collected a cashier's check for a C.O.D and was walking down the person's stairs with the check in one hand and the DIAD board in the other with my keys on my finger.

The steps were icy and I slipped. I grabbed the stair railings on both sides and everything in both hands went flying.

I found the DIAD board and keys in the snow after a while, but the check wasn't as easy.

I finally found it wrapped around the railing where I had grabbed it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Once I placed an NDA letter behind the storm door on a trailer in a trailer park and it somehow made it into the crack between the deck and the trailer. That sucker ended up going straight into that void under the deck. Luckily the customer had a broom out on the deck. It took me forever to fish that letter out. But I did it.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Once I placed an NDA letter behind the storm door on a trailer in a trailer park and it somehow made it into the crack between the deck and the trailer. That sucker ended up going straight into that void under the deck. Luckily the customer had a broom out on the deck. It took me forever to fish that letter out. But I did it.

Most times if I leave a letter against a door, I will slide the edge of the letter between the door and the weather seal, so it will stay put.

Overpaid Union Thug

Most times if I leave a letter against a door, I will slide the edge of the letter between the door and the weather seal, so it will stay put.
I put it behind the door to protect it from the elements and critters. Since then I take a peak in front of the door to see if there are any cracks for the letters to fall in. It won't happen again.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
First day driving with an on car supe and we came to a stop and looked at the package, it was an iPhone that just came out that day. My supe was explaining how valuable they were and I was just okaying him, gotcha, just tying to move. The customer was waiting on his doorstep. Tripped, phone flew about 10 feet, did about 6 flips. Customer just stared at me.

MaceFremonti

...then had a delivery for him at his home by Howard University the next day...."Hmmm, you 8
First day driving with an on car supe and we came to a stop and looked at the package, it was an iPhone that just came out that day. My supe was explaining how valuable they were and I was just okaying him, gotcha, just tying to move. The customer was waiting on his doorstep. Tripped, phone flew about 10 feet, did about 6 flips. Customer 8io stared at me.
Once burned; always learned