What if computers had never been invented?

Sammie

Back in the day people left their houses to talk to someone else. Is our current state of computer dependency frightening or enlightening? We survived without them for thousands of years and now it's hard to picture a world where this technology wasn't invented and everything else was.

How did we get by in the early '80's?? :sad-very:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Back in the day people left their houses to talk to someone else. Is our current state of computer dependency frightening or enlightening? We survived without them for thousands of years and now it's hard to picture a world where this technology wasn't invented and everything else was.

How did we get by in the early '80's?? :sad-very:
It's not been that long ago that everyone didn't have a cellphone. Now we would be incapable of everyday life without one. If you lost yours, (happened to me 2 yrs ago), how long would it take you to get all your contacts' numbers? Luckily, now you can save them online.

moreluck

golden ticket member
For one thing, we wrote lots more letters. I was always writing letters to everybody. I went through the stamps like crazy! I still write letters to my grandkids. Getting mail used to be exciting.

UPSNewbie

For one thing, we wrote lots more letters. I was always writing letters to everybody. I went through the stamps like crazy! I still write letters to my grandkids. Getting mail used to be exciting.

When I was little (which wasn't that long ago), I loved getting letters from my grandma. Thanks for the memory. :peaceful: