what is the point of filing a grievance.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by upsers22.3, Jun 23, 2012.

1. upsers22.3

upsers22.3 Member

the grievance procedure takes too long.
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It's what we have and you have to learn how to work within this system. You could work at fed ex where they have no system.
  3. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

Or, you could work at a center where the union doesn't give a crap. The grass is always greener; be content with what you have.
  4. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

If you dont put it on paper..... then the company did nothing wrong to begin with......
  5. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Anyone see a point ?
  6. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

we try to hear our grievances within 5 days from the time they are filed.rarely do they go over 7 unless a supe or b.a are off or on vacation,etc. i am thankful for the right to do so.regardless of the time its a privledge many would love.
  7. ibt

ibt New Member

What kind of grievance do you have.It does take time in some smaller centers. I here a lot of people say that but I really think they don't want to file. On some grievances it's better to wait and see what the company does about problem
  8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Everything takes time. If you like the Status Quo than don't file if you want things to change then file...

If you don't want to file because the time it takes to get a solution you have no right to complain about the problems...
  9. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Filed 8 hr request grievance in mid May. Got 2 request honored since and on 6/22 had meeting granting 2 hr penalty pay. File or shut-up!!
  10. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

what is the point? if you dont know that answer . you are at the wrong company.
  11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I guess you don't vote in elections either. Democracy takes to long, we need descisive, immediate, swift handed action right?
  12. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

If you do your job, management will leave you alone.we all had to scratch to qualify
  13. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

You don't truly believe that, do you?
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It's true.
  15. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I've got plenty of time.
    I don't anticipate retiring for quite awhile.
    I just keep filing and filing and before you know it, I've got dozens docketed to the state panel every month.
    It can be quite lucrative.
  16. brownMcfly

brownMcfly New Member

I've yet to had a settlement of my grievances. Since last Sep I've been filing Art46,48,&49. My center which has about 70routes it happens quite often Griev. don't get settled for about a year. No rush from me since my double time remedy sought is only going to get bigger with raises.
  17. AZBrown

AZBrown Teamster by choice

The wheels of justice turn very slow
  18. leastbest

leastbest LeastBest

The purpose of the grievance is to create a paper trail.

File and refile every time and you can show a pattern. Then every hearing gets easier. "I've filed five times for this problem and it isn't being addressed!"

After some time they will address your concerns like 9.5, etc. because they know you are serious.
  19. Rebos1969

Rebos1969 New Member

He point to me is the company should and must honor its employees regardless. When the issue is very important, then it would behoove them to treat it as such and not to undermind the matters at hand.
  20. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

Ask anyone who is on working termination if they think the process is too slow (especially if it might stick).

Compared to the Court system or Legislative system our grievance process is lightning fast.