what is the point of filing a grievance.

Buck Fifty

Dunce+Cap.jpg

Anyone see a point ?

bigblu 2 you

we try to hear our grievances within 5 days from the time they are filed.rarely do they go over 7 unless a supe or b.a are off or on vacation,etc. i am thankful for the right to do so.regardless of the time its a privledge many would love.

ibt

What kind of grievance do you have.It does take time in some smaller centers. I here a lot of people say that but I really think they don't want to file. On some grievances it's better to wait and see what the company does about problem

UPSGUY72

the grievance procedure takes too long.

Everything takes time. If you like the Status Quo than don't file if you want things to change then file...

If you don't want to file because the time it takes to get a solution you have no right to complain about the problems...

Wizzy

Filed 8 hr request grievance in mid May. Got 2 request honored since and on 6/22 had meeting granting 2 hr penalty pay. File or shut-up!!

I've yet to had a settlement of my grievances. Since last Sep I've been filing Art46,48,&49. My center which has about 70routes it happens quite often Griev. don't get settled for about a year. No rush from me since my double time remedy sought is only going to get bigger with raises.

leastbest

LeastBest
The purpose of the grievance is to create a paper trail.

File and refile every time and you can show a pattern. Then every hearing gets easier. "I've filed five times for this problem and it isn't being addressed!"

After some time they will address your concerns like 9.5, etc. because they know you are serious.

Rebos1969

He point to me is the company should and must honor its employees regardless. When the issue is very important, then it would behoove them to treat it as such and not to undermind the matters at hand.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Ask anyone who is on working termination if they think the process is too slow (especially if it might stick).

Compared to the Court system or Legislative system our grievance process is lightning fast.