What job should I take

mr. thomas

Looking for views from both sides, I'm in a unique position to be hired as a either a 30 hour a week driver for ups that could become full time, or a part time rural mail carrier for my local usps which is projected to have a large amount of retirees in the next year and a half(so a great chance to become career). Looking for pros and cons, and a clearer view of which would be a better long term career path since I have this choice.hopeing to hear from people on both sides. Thanks!

mr. thomas

You should try a search, others have asked the exact same question.

Thanks, ive looked through the other threads.I was just hopeing for more up to date responses, not to mention most of the threads I searched through are mainly just people goofing around,just hopeing for more honest answers.

Looking for views from both sides, I'm in a unique position to be hired as a either a 30 hour a week driver for ups that could become full time, or a part time rural mail carrier for my local usps which is projected to have a large amount of retirees in the next year and a half(so a great chance to become career). Looking for pros and cons, and a clearer view of which would be a better long term career path since I have this choice.hopeing to hear from people on both sides. Thanks!
Do you have what it takes?
Do you?

Everyone wants the money but can do the Job

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
My opinion: if you think the Republicans will win big this November, go UPS; if you think the Democrats will win, go USPS.

TG43

I was a city letter carrier at usps for 2 years. I was a "T.E." (Transitional Employee) which is equivalent to a ups cover driver. USPS cut our (T.E's) pay $5.90/hr (down to $16.25) and gave us a new title of "CCA" (City Carrier Assistant). I quit a couple months after working at the lower rate. I have been a ups cover driver for 2 years now.

The choice is very easy in my opinion. (If 1. You think you can afford to work a couple days a week or whatever they give you at first as a rural carrier and 2. You don't mind working Saturdays). I would DEFINETELY take the rural carrier job. Rural carriers have it made! They are in a different union than city carriers and get paid by the route, not hourly. They will often be done by 2 or 3 and get paid til 5. Being a city carrier there is a lot of walking, it's a pretty hard job, but rural is completely different...all driving. I tried getting back in as a rural carrier, but let's just say I didn't leave the smartest way and have been black listed apparently. I wish I had the opportunity you do. I hate getting home at 8:00pm. Even though usps screwed me royally, it's a better place to work than ups!!!

Last edited: