What? No heat?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the window is icing on the inside it means its warmer inside than outside
sounds like you have plenty of heat... ;)

J/k write it up in the "safety concern" section of the DVR it'll get fixed

That is not true, it simply means the defroster is not working and the cold has made it's way in to the cab. Now, if the windshield were fogged up, you would be correct, but this was ice and I had to use a scraper on the inside of the windshield to be able to see.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
National Master Agreement

Article 18, Section 15:

"The Employer shall install and maintain heaters and defrosters on all trucks and all safety equipment required by law. Complaints regarding heaters or defrosters not being in proper working order shall be addressed pursuant to the red-tagging procedure under Article 18, Section 2."

I had a little problem the other day. Under certain conditions, the side window I look out of at my right side mirror will fog up, so I can't see my mirror. I can't wipe the glass driving down the highway when this starts, and I have a three year old P7 with a tiny defroster vent blowing on it. Fortunately, this doesn't happen too often.

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe you need my solution for your frosted up window. While meeting a schoolbus doing 55mph on a 2 lane hiway one day some kid on the bus decided to throw out a pop bottle . It hit my driverside window in the upper left corner (thank god not right in front of my face) and I was imidiately covered in glass. The saftey glass held but the area around where the bottle hit was totally blown out. I called the hiway patrol (they never showed up) and my Center ( no answer- must of been playing golf) so I just peeled out the whole window and finnished the last 3 hours without a window. They did eventually find out who threw the bottle but the kid just said he wasn't thinking (no :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:) and nothing happened to him. :peaceful: P.S. them package cars are really breezy without a window:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver who was delivering to a regular residential stop and, unknown to him, the owner had just put up a run for his dog which was high enough for their cars to pass under but was just about 1/2 way up his windshield. Well, he went in, didn't see the run and ended up like Rod, with a lap full of glass and a very cold rest of the day.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Maybe you need my solution for your frosted up window. While meeting a schoolbus doing 55mph on a 2 lane hiway one day some kid on the bus decided to throw out a pop bottle . It hit my driverside window in the upper left corner (thank god not right in front of my face) and I was imidiately covered in glass. The saftey glass held but the area around where the bottle hit was totally blown out. I called the hiway patrol (they never showed up) and my Center ( no answer- must of been playing golf) so I just peeled out the whole window and finnished the last 3 hours without a window. They did eventually find out who threw the bottle but the kid just said he wasn't thinking (no :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:) and nothing happened to him. :peaceful: P.S. them package cars are really breezy without a window:wink2:
didn't they find a way to blame you Rod ?? following to close or not scanning the area or keeping your eyes moving blah blah blahh

Big Babooba

Remember the old P400s? Trying to stay warm in one of those was like trying to shovel 3 feet of snow off your driveway with a teaspoon. The heaters were OK, but they couldn't keep up with all the cold air infiltrating from the outside.

rod

Retired 22 years
didn't they find a way to blame you Rod ?? following to close or not scanning the area or keeping your eyes moving blah blah blahh

I wasn't following--I met this bus on the road. Actually the center manager was very understanding on this one-- I think he felt guilty about not being there to answer the phone. Also I had brought back pieces of the pop bottle to back me up.

rod

Retired 22 years
Remember the old P400s? Trying to stay warm in one of those was like trying to shovel 3 feet of snow off your driveway with a teaspoon. The heaters were OK, but they couldn't keep up with all the cold air infiltrating from the outside.

That brings back some ugly memories. When I drove a P400 I also smoked-- at least I tried to smoke. It was almost impossable to light at cig while driving down the road because of the breeze in the cab.:peaceful: