What Should I Expect From Driver School?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPyourS, Nov 2, 2015.

1. UPyourS

UPyourS Member

Just recently passed my drive test now I start driver classes this Wednesdays. What should I expect? Or what should I bring? Just to be prepared.

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Long coma inducing videos

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

To be taught how to google hopefully.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

Your ups socks... :glare:

5. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

To be prepared?

Memorize the 5 keys and 10 point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Bring a pair of adult diapers

8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Boy no kidding. Even if not searching, the last "driving school" wannabe could not have been more than a month ago.

9. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

if you're going to integrad memorize the 5 seeing eye habits and 10 point commentary word for word, pre and post trip, also iron your uniform and shine your boots. good luck!

10. UPyourS

UPyourS Member

Thanks for the helpful advice.

11. Shine boots , iron uniform, memorize 10&5 , learn driver drill, hem pants bring can of starch w you. The class will get smaller as the week Progress's . one guy even failed the last day in last test.

Test out if 5&10s first day if u can . that way not stressed out about that part. U will already have enough stuff to worry about. Lost 4 people in are class failed. Watch out for little timmy at integration station. Just a orange cins they move that u can't see to represent a lil kid. Good luck

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

God I'm so glad we didn't have Integrad back when. So much undo stress over a relatively simple job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Agree. I can't speak for all buildings, but where I am newer drivers (under 3 years on road) are getting into avoidable accidents at the same rate as they did 10 years ago, if not at a higher rate.

This isn't a difficult job. UPS just chooses to make it that way. Shame.

14. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Expect to learn very little information that will ACTUALLY prepare you for the job. Expect to learn allot that doesn't.

15. UPyourS

UPyourS Member

Thanks