What the...facebook

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wtf! I dont use facebook a lot but just logged into it and on the side of the screen i saw my on-car as a friend suggestion. WTF. I clicked on the friend page and scrolled through the suggestions and all the center sups are there and several fellow drivers in my center. It shows no mutual friends and I have never friended a coworker or interacted with any of them online. This is some really shady stuff.

ibleedbrown

do you have your job listed on there? maybe you all have ups listed as your job and live in the same area and facebook figured out you may know each other.

HardknocksUPSer

Wtf! I dont use facebook a lot but just logged into it and on the side of the screen i saw my on-car as a friend suggestion. WTF. I clicked on the friend page and scrolled through the suggestions and all the center sups are there and several fellow drivers in my center. It shows no mutual friends and I have never friended a coworker or interacted with any of them online. This is some really shady stuff.
You can go to your privacy settings and type in the name of anyone that you would like to block, you can block any of the sups or fellow co-workers, after blocking them they will no longer be able to send you a request or even know you exist on Facebook period.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You can go to your privacy settings and type in the name of anyone that you would like to block, you can block any of the sups or fellow co-workers, after blocking them they will no longer be able to send you a request or even know you exist on Facebook period.
Yeah but i shouldnt have to search for and block every upser to keep my off duty life separate. This is too much.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Similar thing happened to me....and I dont list UPS as my employer either.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
One more reason why I don't use FB. I have an account with a fake name to access web apps/pages that require a FB account but that's all I use it for.

Box Ox

1444240.jpg

clean hairy

I don't use it, but you just leave the friend request and do not act on it.
That keeps the request in limbo where the persson cannot do anything due to being forzen in a pending friend request. If you reject, then they can request again and again.
This comes from one i know who uses fb alot.

Fezco

Same thing here. Never uttered a word about UPS on my FB nor have any coworkers as friends. It's because the app tracks your location and sees that you are close to these people frequently. The app also has permission to use your camera and microphone even when your not using it. No need to worry about the government spying on us, we do it for them.

Box Ox

Same thing here. Never uttered a word about UPS on my FB nor have any coworkers as friends. It's because the app tracks your location and sees that you are close to these people frequently. The app also has permission to use your camera and microphone even when your not using it. No need to worry about the government spying on us, we do it for them.

Good point. I found the Facebook app too intrusive a while back and suggest that people only log into their Facebook accounts on their phones through the mobile site (https://m.facebook.com) instead of the app. It's just as easy if you've got your login info saved in the browser. Keeps most of the contact merging/tracking/hardware manipulating hooks out of your device. Which also keeps all of the above from chewing up your battery life.

oldngray

nowhere special
Too many people use facebook to post every insignificant thing that happens in their life. The world really doesn't need to know things like the frequency and duration of your bowel movements for example.