What would you give up for a 4 day week.

Logb17

I was just thinking how much better this job would be if it were 4 days a week. Id give up 8 hour days, 9.5 list and even a week of vacation.

The company could save money by paying less overtime and cutting a few routes out.

The day off you get during the week goes by seniority.

They could even have FT drivers deliver air and resi ground on Saturdays to lighten the load on mondays for the people that will be off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why would I give up anything for something that helps the company. No need for it that I see plenty of people willing to take off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would be giving up about 10hrs of OT a week.
I think the company might have a problem with the increased benefit cost.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I mentioned four 10s in a previous thread a few months ago, didn't gain any traction.

Would strongly prefer it, myself. I have previously had experience with it, so maybe a little biased.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Fedex drivers in my area work four 10s and they like it.

They have swing drivers who cover the days off.

It could work for us as well. There could be a casual driver assigned to each loop of 5 drivers. Drivers would take their day off on a rotating basis wiith the casual covering their area. I don't know how this would work for vacations.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
If UPS adopted this plan,Im sure they would get IE to figure out a way to screw it up. I predict that IE would say that Monday and Tuesday were actually the same day.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I know of a feeder division that has a handful of jobs with a four day week. If I remember correctly, the days off were in the middle of the week. Hey, if you're not interested in making a lot of money, it might be for you. I'm here to make money, so I'm not interested. Plus, if you had too many jobs like that, Daddy might try to make in sea change in jobs. Like mileage runs, bonus centers....Pardon me, but no thanks...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unless I'm getting friend-s off or s-m off I have no desire for this. I've worked jobs that were 4 10 hour days I loved it but I have no desire to make this job a 4 day job.