What's an ASM Admin Assistant? How hard is it?

Faithless

After my interview, I was told to fill out additional documents online by the HR Rep. I applied for "package handler" initially. Once i got home, my position on the application had been changed to "Area Sales MGR Admin Asst". I didn't have the slightest clue of what that even meant. Clearly office work at the end of the day. I did my research on Google but to no avail. Couldn't find much on it, not to mention the ups job site didn't contain any such position. Could someone please fill me in on the nature of this job. Just some general information. Anything would help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After my interview, I was told to fill out additional documents online by the HR Rep. I applied for "package handler" initially. Once i got home, my position on the application had been changed to "Area Sales MGR Admin Asst". I didn't have the slightest clue of what that even meant. Clearly office work at the end of the day. I did my research on Google but to no avail. Couldn't find much on it, not to mention the ups job site didn't contain any such position. Could someone please fill me in on the nature of this job. Just some general information. Anything would help.

This is a position where you call customers or they call you and you help them with their informational needs.
This means that you handled yourself well in the interview and displayed good communication skills.
You would be working in an office.
This is a non-Union position.
There is no path to a Union friend/T job at UPS through this position.
Good job to get you through college ... looks good on a your resume.
There is a possibility of going into UPS Management after you graduate from college.

Hope this helps.

PS: Have Faith

Faithless

This is a position where you call customers or they call you and you help them with their informational needs.
This means that you handled yourself well in the interview and displayed good communication skills.
You would be working in an office.
This is a non-Union position.
There is no path to a Union friend/T job at UPS through this position.
Good job to get you through college ... looks good on a your resume.
There is a possibility of going into UPS Management after you graduate from college.

Hope this helps.

PS: Have Faith

Thank You so much. That was more then helpful. Im really glad someone had an idea of what it meant.