When a bad idea goes good and when a good time turns into a bad time!

wkmac

Klein was partly right in what he said about republicans but where he failed was leaving off the rest. If republicans are so opposed to war then how come someone like a Ron Paul on very limited gov't principles when he expresses opposition to war, he's screamed and called down for it from folks in his own party? Hmmmm!

Accept it America, you love the Health of the State .

TOS, you spoiled it. :(
I would have loved to seen that little paper boy scenerio, being mistaken for a trespasser, and shot at by the homeowner, but be faster and defending himself, therefore killing the homeowner.

Most republicans like war. That's why they want more involvement in Libya now.
They would just love to see armed pick-up trucks like in Libya on their own soil.
An America where only the tourists will be anarmed.
But, it's not like anymore tourists would be heading there.
A lot of people from around the world don't even dare to visit America these days !
Pretty sad when the rest of the world thinks Mexico is a safer place to visit then the US!
But, that's how it is, and they are probably right, too.
One more confirmation, thanks.
Yea boy it was the repubs that got us involved in Lybia. When did 0 become a repub? How many repub congressmen voted for this? Oh, yea...there wasn't a vote.
The only repub I've heard promoting more involvement has been trump...hardly a representative of the party
What repub has said one word about the machine gun equipped PUs here?.
Where do you get any idea the rest of the world is too scared to come here? It is true that tourism is down a little, however that is more than likely cause by a bad economy in other countries just as it is here.
You may be the only one in the world that thinks that Mexico is safer to visit than the US...that is just....more of your made up crap.

upsgrunt

Top 10 safest countries to visit:
10th) Slovenia
9) Finnland
8) Canada
7) Japan
6) Sweden
5) Austria
4) Iceland
3) Norway
2) Denmark
1) New Zealand

Couldn't find a list of the top 100, but did find this :

Britain was 35th: better than last year, and one position higher than Italy, but still below most of Europe and countries as diverse as Botswana, South Korea, Malaysia and Qatar.
The United States has clawed its way up six places to 83rd – still weighed down by two foreign wars, a high prison population and the general availability of guns. Its slight rise was attributed to the number of years since 9/11 that the country has avoided a terrorist attack, and the relative decline of other countries

I can guarantee one thing:
If Canada ever gets in trouble, #83 will be the first one there to help; we will bring our guns and our reputation for not taking crap, and bail you out. All just so you can bad mouth us and tell us how inferior we are to you and the rest of the world.
You're welcome in advance.

Klein was partly right in what he said about republicans but where he failed was leaving off the rest. If republicans are so opposed to war then how come someone like a Ron Paul on very limited gov't principles when he expresses opposition to war, he's screamed and called down for it from folks in his own party? Hmmmm!

Accept it America, you love the Health of the State .

The only reason Ron Paul is a republican is he has learned he couldn't get elected as a libertarian. LOL
I only know one, for sure, republican that is opposed to war and that's not totally opposed.

klein

Für Meno :)
Trinkle, firsdt it was MCcain, that wants more US envolvement in Libya, then yesterday another REP Congress Guy, spoke out on CNN (didn't catch his name), he also wants Nato and the Europeans to step back, and let the US do the job !

If you don't call that being somewhat war hungry, then what is ?

I won't get into your tourisum problems, you won't believe me anyways, as you stated, and it just creates anger here anyways.
I can't help it, that others in the world aren't truthfully informed, just as little as Americans are truthfully informed about Mexico or even Canada.
But, we do get your local and national news here, and yes, it scares quite a few people from ever stepping foot over there.

DS, for example, has still not giving me a good reason for not visiting the US, he just lives an hr from the border. Maybe his wife, maybe himself ? I don't know.
He's been to quite a few places in Europe though.... good for him :)

Last edited:
Trinkle, firsdt it was MCcain, that wants more US envolvement in Libya, then yesterday another REP Congress Guy, spoke out on CNN (didn't catch his name), he also wants Nato and the Europeans to step back, and let the US do the job !

If you don't call that being somewhat war hungry, then what is ?

I won't get into your tourisum problems, you won't believe me anyways, as you stated, and it just creates anger here anyways.
I can't help it, that others in the world aren't truthfully informed, just as little as Americans are truthfully informed about Mexico or even Canada.
But, we do get your local and national news here, and yes, it scares quite a few people from ever stepping foot over there.

DS, for example, has still not giving me a good reason for not visiting the US, he just lives an hr from the border. Maybe his wife, maybe himself ? I don't know.
He's been to quite a few places in Europe though.... good for him :)

I didn't say that there were no republicans that are ,what is called, hawks, but to say all are...well that's just a stretch and another chance to demean the whole group.

Show me some sources for the claims you are making concerning US tourism.

brett636

The fact that you can find even one positive in a concealed weapons law for college students alarms me. Would you really want to be sitting in a 500 seat lecture hall unsure if the weird kid in the back row is packing heat?

Murder is illegal, if the weird kid in the back is going to kill someone do you believe one more law is going to stop him?

klein

Just reading a blog from an Australian point of view :

The US is not one of the free-est nations in the world, although it does hold that ideal so that's a positive... Everyone in the US can own a gun, that in itself is not really the problem. Canada has a high gun ownership and no where near the issues... The big issue is that people in the US believe it their God given right not only to own a gun but use it to. Here, in Europe, not so big, people don't understand why a city /urban dweller has any need for a gun. And it shows up. In Australia there are rare mass shootings, as in Europe. But here they are shocking and major news. In the US there seems to be a school or other mass shooting every other week, and I understand it barely rates a mentioned in the news...

Americans are stereotypically considered ignorant and stupid. This is stereotypical. The number of people who have "stupid American" stories is phenominal - George W Bush was considered dumb - didn't know where countries were. There was that beauty contestant who had no idea about what was American and what was not... Obviously it's not everyone but there is that stereotypical image.

Comment is oft made on America "Being the richest nation in the world yet...." - often in reference to the health system (where one third of the population has no cover, and at least half if not the same again are under covered), poverty is meant to be quite high in the US and things like Hurricane Katrina...

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Just reading a blog from an Australian point of view :

I just read a post from a Japanese Blog:

"Canadians are strange. The drink all day and complain about Amercia, say that their healthcare is better but healthcare is like ours in Japan...long lines, you cant get the operation and procedure you need. When we visit north America we have such great time in Amercian city. Lots happy people and great food. When we ask help, nice American give help to us and they not drunk so we can understand what they say. We went to Canada they were all drunk and depressed...it was so bad that we left early and went back to America."

klein

I envy the cheap living in the US, yes. You can't beat it.
MY money goes a long distance there.
A Quality Inn hotel that I booked on priceline in Fort Lauderdale, with swimming pool, full hot buffett breakfast, coffee machine in room, all soaps and shampoo, towels, ice provided, was $45 a night. Here, anything close to that, add atleast another $100 to it !

I also love the cheap booze and cigs, and restaurant prices are half at what they are here.

But, when I hear people working for $10 or less per hr in the US, that sucks, including UPS preloaders.
And, more guns is not the answer, either is keeping more then half the US population either under insured or not insured at all, regarding healthcare.

Don't like it, that you aren't metric, like the rest of the world is.
It's odd, I find myself sometimes more at home in Mexico, then being in the US, because they have kilometer signs on their roads, sell gas by the liter, and meat/fruit/veggies by the kilogram. Temperatures in Celcius.
And coloured money, like ours , too ! LOL

I know America doesn't like changes and they are very conservative.
But this conservativness is taking it's toll.

It's Globalization, has been for over decades now, wake up USA, and join the rest of the world !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have absolutely no problem with teaspoons, cups, inches, feet, etc. As soon as I see a recipe with grams in it, it's in the trash. Our system is like an exclusive club and you are not suppose to feel comfortable in it......you're not a member.

klein

I have absolutely no problem with teaspoons, cups, inches, feet, etc. As soon as I see a recipe with grams in it, it's in the trash. Our system is like an exclusive club and you are not suppose to feel comfortable in it......you're not a member.

Yup, elite member, or isolated member ?
Ireland was the latest country to join the metric system. They were forced to do it, to join the European Union, and adapted the Euro.
Canada, as of 2012 (7 months from now), will have free trade with the EU.

You can stay isolated, and try to sell your products at home, that no one can afford.
If they are not of metric deminsion, no one wants them.

Every automobile mechanic in the US needs 2 sets of tools.... one metric, for all the import cars, and one set of imperial tools.
That's only 1 example, but every factory/manufacturing and service sector has extra costs, because of having 2 systems in place.

Even UPS is effected, being the extra time it takes to convert kg's into pounds, or the center mechanic, that may need to work on a Metric Sprinter, or a P700.

tourists24

Yup, elite member, or isolated member ?
Ireland was the latest country to join the metric system. They were forced to do it, to join the European Union, and adapted the Euro.
Canada, as of 2012 (7 months from now), will have free trade with the EU.

You can stay isolated, and try to sell your products at home, that no one can afford.
If they are not of metric deminsion, no one wants them.

Every automobile mechanic in the US needs 2 sets of tools.... one metric, for all the import cars, and one set of imperial tools.
That's only 1 example, but every factory/manufacturing and service sector has extra costs, because of having 2 systems in place.

Even UPS is effected, being the extra time it takes to convert kg's into pounds, or the center mechanic, that may need to work on a Metric Sprinter, or a P700.
How ever will we survive without being like everyone else? omg we are dying. We are so bad. Hope our soldiers never have to defend your powerhouse country.