When can i get rehired again @ UPS ?

UPSGUY72

You said you gave them a two week notice but you had to leave before the two weeks time period. WHICH MEANS YOU WHERE A NO CALL NO SHOW. 3 days of NO CALL NO SHOW IS CONSIDERED JOB ABANDOMENT. Which means NO WORK FOR UPS AGAIN.

How many Days into the two weeks did you leave? You should have called your HR person and told them your situation not just left.

brownrodster

in the future i can apply again ? ???
Does anyone know whats the period when i can apply again ?

You are out of luck.

However, if you assume a new identity you may be able to become rehired. Easiest way to do that would be to use a sibling or relatives social security number.

City Driver

sorry but i just dont get it, what would make somebody think that a company that fired them only 6 months ago would want to hire them again?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Red, this isn't right is it?

HDTV, Here you are covered by the union in the greivance procedure at all times.

No, he didn't pass the probation period. That simple. Union can't do nothing about that.

And if it was just this past February, no matter how you beg, don't think you can get a UPS job that soon.
Maybe , in the future, when you have grown up a little more, and have a steady clean - cut resume. You can probably wheel and deal with them, (not online), but go directly to HR in a hub/center.

Dilligaf, Herr Klein is correct. If the company decides not to retain you before you've worked enough days to achieve seniority, that is their right. The only recourse would be if it could be shown there was a pattern of "churning" employees, before they achieved seniority. I haven't seen that, at least in my building. Rather, I've seen people reassigned from positions that needed to be filled, to jobs more in line with their capabilities. Part-time employee retention is another one of the "numbers" chased by management. Although with the current job market, they may be a little less concerned about that.
HDTV, you're pretty much out of luck as far as getting rehired at any UPS company. Maybe in a couple years, if the economy and job market are back up to full speed, you can find a desperate HR person trying to get Peak season hires (late November/early December). And that's a long shot. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I only worked for 25 days..so no union :(

Supervisor didnt like that i was bending when i was unloading those bags with the small packages/letters/documents
that i will hurt my back if i kept bending

Was fired back in February

He was right. Any other work methods you were ignoring?

Unfortunately, everyone who told you that you won't ever be rehired was right. Certainly not this soon.

When the economy picks up, and they have trouble finding people to work weird hours while doing hard physical labor for not that much money, maybe then.

I don't think they keep PT records forever, particularly if you get dumped during the probationary period. Lots of people don't make it through the probationary period. But I don't know how long they do keep the records.

hdtvtechno

I don't think they keep PT records forever, particularly if you get dumped during the probationary period. Lots of people don't make it through the probationary period. But I don't know how long they do keep the records.

Im hearing 1 year - 18 months now from a few people :)
so i dont know

R3439234

I am coming up on my one year, so I will let you know if I can get past the negative rehire statement. I was a seasonal last year and I was not called back because I called in 1 day a week before Christmas. It didn't matter that I found out my wife has cancer and was at the hospital that night. All that mattered was that I called in. And that is a big no no. And no one in HR will talk to you over the phone.

P

pickup

No, he didn't pass the probation period. That simple. Union can't do nothing about that.

And if it was just this past February, no matter how you beg, don't think you can get a UPS job that soon.
Maybe , in the future, when you have grown up a little more, and have a steady clean - cut resume. You can probably wheel and deal with them, (not online), but go directly to HR in a hub/center.

Klein, where in his posting did he type anything that indicates he needs to grow up a little more? I let this post of yours sit for about a day before responding because I was trying to find a delicate way of posing the question. Considering the beating you are getting once again in the thread you started (I've been fired or something like that) , I hestitate to beat up on you here. But i don't think that particular advice you gave the original thread starter here is necessarily appropriate. As a matter of fact , I think it is condescending.

And who is that picture of in your avatar? I feel like I'm back in the seventies when I see that picture.

Osprey413

Bull**** Coordinator
Klein, where in his posting did he type anything that indicates he needs to grow up a little more? I let this post of yours sit for about a day before responding because I was trying to find a delicate way of posing the question. Considering the beating you are getting once again in the thread you started (I've been fired or something like that) , I hestitate to beat up on you here. But i don't think that particular advice you gave the original thread starter here is necessarily appropriate. As a matter of fact , I think it is condescending.

And who is that picture of in your avatar? I feel like I'm back in the seventies when I see that picture.

Lot of love here, lot of love.

RobRoy

On all exit interview forms there is a check box that says "Rehire". If this box is not checked you are out of luck. Most people who are "fired" in a hub do not have this box checked. Sorry, but don't waste your time.