When someone at work is upset/depressed, do you reach out?

If you think that's bad I use snus pouches. One guy at work uses this Indian snus it's basically cocaine idk how he dips it a few times. It made me so sick. Never again.

Speaking of, one day I was pissed I was out of chew and he had some of an old tin in his backpack. That was super cool.

Peyote to me means something far different. My wife is native and we have all kinds of plants. This stuff looks like soft little rocks I think it's 50mg to 100mg a "hit".

Brownbrigade1

I know what it’s like to feel like a worthless piece of crap that nobody wants around...mainly because that’s exactly what I am...so if I see someone looking like they’re having a bad day I’ll go and just say something completely off the wall inappropriate like “holy hell did you see that new clerk? I’d eat three feet of her poop just to see where it came from” takes the edge off :)

Jesus Mary AND Joseph that is disgusting

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I was going through some marital issues and it was messing me up bad. I couldn’t focus at all at work. A few fellow drivers really helped me through it. I even mentioned my situation to management and they were surprisingly way cool about it. Even gave me time off during peak. I’m thankful for the support I received at my building. A little empathy goes a looooong way

Dr.Brownz

D
I was going through some marital issues and it was messing me up bad. I couldn’t focus at all at work. A few fellow drivers really helped me through it. I even mentioned my situation to management and they were surprisingly way cool about it. Even gave me time off during peak. I’m thankful for the support I received at my building. A little empathy goes a looooong way
Drink and masturbate more, you'll be fine

Above10200

Today I walked up to a guy who constantly gets crapped on by management, does every little odd and end, is capable of quite a lot but it seems he's the resident whipping boy. I don't know what his job title is but he does everything from move trailers and cars, to scanning to belt, or load unload. He wears a driver uniform idk. But he takes a lot of sh;t, and he doesn't deserve that.

Over the last week I've seen his general demeanor go from somewhat-off-putting to why hasn't he gone postal yet... then management was on him and everyone's overloaded and overworked and they keep changing start times. Last two weeks have been a mess.

So belt goes dead. He brings me a scanner for my send-agains and I stop him and say hey, thanks man, I really appreciate it and appreciate everything you do here. You always seem busy and overworked. Thanks for taking your time to help me it means a lot to me as a fellow worker and as a person.

He solemnly responds "I'm always busy and they're always up my a**", so I say "well hey, your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. I see what you have to put up with every day and you're always there for people. I appreciate you and appreciate all the hard work you do. It's nice to have someone here be on top of things because management never is".

I think it was the first time I ever seen him smile...!

When you ladies and gents see someone upset, depressed, or generally out of character do you reach out to them? When was the last time you did or said something kind to a fellow worker?

Cheers!
You are a good person depression is everywhere and is a silent killer!!! Reach out to your fellow employee and let them know they have a support system! Depression does kill, stop the hurt, look out for your fellow human!!!!!

Above10200

Lol haha dookie, I'd like to hope he's not at that point. He's a great guy, I've always liked him. He never has anything mean to say about anyone and does his job well. I hate when people get taken advantage of or taken for granted. The place would be more of a mess without him. One of the older managers is getting on in years and he seems to help "remind" the older dude of where things are at or what needs to be done or what areas need help. Always on point.

Last week someone was saying hello to another coworker and dude was working in a car, so he thought they were saying hi to him as they passed by. He said hi, realized it wasn't for him, and looked upset. I felt soooo bad for the guy!

I came around the corner and said "hey man good morning sorry I didn't think anyone would say hi to me, hope I didn't offend" and gave him a fist bump. It's the little things man. Little white lie sure, but probably made his day saving that embarrassment. I hope he sticks around they always sh;t on him for other departments mistakes, and although I don't know his title I know for sure that ain't his job.
Thanks your efforts don't go to waist, you are a good person!

Above10200

As Dane Cook once said, give him a candy bar... he will remember you were nice to him and gave him candy when he eventually snaps one day.
Talk to him and get to know him, he will not snap at you, he might not even snap!!!! Treat the janitor better than the C.E.O. and every one wins!!!! Our generation has lost respect for each other!!!!

Above10200

One time I was at my 5:00 p/u loading up the cart at an Office Depot, and a lady who did copy/printing for her home business and had seen and chatted with me 2,3 times a week walked up and said "you need a hug", and then gave me one. To this day, I don't know why she felt compelled to do that, because I always put on a front and acted like everything was hunky-dory, even when it wasn't. I've always been a private person and never talked about family problems, failed relationships, etc, even with close friends let alone casual customer friends. (And of course because we are not to have excessive customer contact, lol, you know those few seconds at every stop add up to excess-over-allowed!)

It touched my heart that she did that.
Thanks for sharing, it does make a difference!!!

Above10200

Good news everybody! It looks like this guy has been happier at work than I've ever seen him. He's no longer mopey, or cussing to himself while working, or being upset with being management's whipping boy.. and they're giving him less grief too.. dude looks younger and he's smiling now. He got a haircut and trimmed up his beard, doesn't look like he's gotten 5 hours of sleep in the last month. We still do morning fist bumps and homey even seems cheerful with other coworkers.

Maybe reaching out helped, maybe he got over something unrelated, but it's nice to see Homey be the Homey I knew when I started.

It's the little things brothers and sisters. Take a moment to thank someone for their hard work; or just sat hello if they look like they need one.
Thank you, you are a great person!!!!