Where is Ed Hoculi this week? or What would Ed Hoculi do? (WWEHD?)

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Wild Card Weekend

Cincinnati at Houston – Clete Blakeman

Pittsburgh at Denver – Ron Winter

Detroit at New Orleans – Tony Corrente

Atlanta at NY Giants – Carl Cheffers

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Divisional Playoffs

Denver at New England – Gene Steratore (with Boger’s SJ)

Houston at Baltimore – Pete Morelli (with Anderson’s LJ and SJ)

NY Giants at Green Bay – Bill Leavy (with Triplette’s U, Green’s SJ and BJ)

New Orleans at San Francisco – John Parry (with Anderson’s BJ)

brownedout

Ed has certainly graded out this year that he should be one of the last 3 standing. NE or SF next weekend; Indy in 3 weeks, Ed has one more game to officiate this season. Assignments to be made tonight and announced tommorrow. The NFL is getting earlier and earlier with this stuff. I personally would like to see him get the Super Bowl, I feel he has more than earned it. Walt Anderson should be another of the 3 available, but he got SB gig last year. I also keep hearing of John Parry but he worked Wild Card weekend, so that doesn't add up. Oh well lets just wait and see where the chips fall. I know aj, dilli and fethers are rooting for Ed.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Referee Assignments for Conference Championship weekend : AFC - Al Riveron
NFC - Ed Hochuli

Super Bowl - John Parry

Ahhhh...another a good reason to watch NFL football. What will the weather be like in San Fran? (translated: Will Ed be in short or long sleeves?)

texan

Remember “fourth-and-2,” the infamous play that essentially cost the Patriots a game against the Colts in 2009?
If there’s a similar situation in the Super Bowl at Indianapolis’ Lucas Oil Stadium, the Patriots might want to think twice.
Not only is the game being played in the same city, the official who ruled that Kevin Faulk did not gain possession of the
ball past the first-down marker — a ruling questioned by Bill Belichick but one that appeared to be correct — is working the Super Bowl.
Tom Stabile, in his 17th season making calls in the NFL, is part of the crew that will be headed by 12th-year official John Parry.
Stabile was the head linesman on Nov. 15, 2009, and he ruled that Faulk did not demonstrate control until after he was
pushed behind the first-down marker. The Colts took possession at the New England 29 with just over two minutes left and
scored the game-winning touchdown three plays later for a 35-34 victory.
Parry, who by day works as a financial adviser in his home state of Ohio, was named crew chief after leading the group
that oversaw the Saints-49ers NFC divisional playoff game, a classic that ended with both teams scoring in the final two minutes.
Along with Stabile, who will server as the head linesman, Parry’s assistants include umpire Carl Paganelli (13 years of experience),
line judge Gary Arthur (15 years), field judge Gary Cavaletto (9), side judge Laird Hayes (17) and back judge Tony Steratore (12)
It Is What It Is Super Bowl referees: John Parry heads veteran crew

brownedout

Ok with rookies for the most part already in camp, and even most veterans now reporting, it's time to fire up the football threads. I don"t much know or even care where Ed Hochuli is this week, nor do I know what he would do, I can safely say I know where he won't be the first weekend of preseason games. He won't be in an NFL stadium officiating a game. ESPN broke the story last night that NFL officials have been locked out since June 3. The NFL's grand plan is to replace their officials with lower level collegiate officials and even high school officials. Division 1 and even most D II officials will not risk their standing in the fraternity to partake in this sham, at least that was the feeling of most back in 2001 when this last happened. I personally have been contacted by 4 officials (1 College, 3 HS) who I have worked with, for guidance in making their decision. While you want to be honest you don't want to deflate either. I tell them I don't feel qualified to work an NFL game, and I have 10-15 years experience on all of them. I would have loved 1 more year in my FCS conference and an additional 2 years with a FBS (for the time being) conference. As long as successful at this highest level I would have felt ready for NFL service. However the NFL is getting younger and younger with new officials and since I am presently at the age at which they seek, I don't forsee an on field NFL career in my future. It pains me that the men ruling this game, the men who administrate this game, especially the retired on field officials, feel that anyone can do this job. It won't be a pretty first preseason weekend, and the uglier the better. NFL players are the top level football players in the world, they deserve the highest caliber official also. For a league that professes to care so much about player safety this stunt runs counter to that sentiment. I hope that "real NFL officials" will be back on the field by the 3rd preseason game at the latest. This gives them 2 games and up to 3 weeks of practices to get up to speed. So while I don't know where Ed Hochuli is this week, I definitely care where he will be on a mid-August weekend officiating an NFL preseason game, and working his required practices.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ok with rookies for the most part already in camp, and even most veterans now reporting, it's time to fire up the football threads. I don"t much know or even care where Ed Hochuli is this week, nor do I know what he would do, I can safely say I know where he won't be the first weekend of preseason games. He won't be in an NFL stadium officiating a game. ESPN broke the story last night that NFL officials have been locked out since June 3. The NFL's grand plan is to replace their officials with lower level collegiate officials and even high school officials. Division 1 and even most D II officials will not risk their standing in the fraternity to partake in this sham, at least that was the feeling of most back in 2001 when this last happened. I personally have been contacted by 4 officials (1 College, 3 HS) who I have worked with, for guidance in making their decision. While you want to be honest you don't want to deflate either. I tell them I don't feel qualified to work an NFL game, and I have 10-15 years experience on all of them. I would have loved 1 more year in my FCS conference and an additional 2 years with a FBS (for the time being) conference. As long as successful at this highest level I would have felt ready for NFL service. However the NFL is getting younger and younger with new officials and since I am presently at the age at which they seek, I don't forsee an on field NFL career in my future. It pains me that the men ruling this game, the men who administrate this game, especially the retired on field officials, feel that anyone can do this job. It won't be a pretty first preseason weekend, and the uglier the better. NFL players are the top level football players in the world, they deserve the highest caliber official also. For a league that professes to care so much about player safety this stunt runs counter to that sentiment. I hope that "real NFL officials" will be back on the field by the 3rd preseason game at the latest. This gives them 2 games and up to 3 weeks of practices to get up to speed. So while I don't know where Ed Hochuli is this week, I definitely care where he will be on a mid-August weekend officiating an NFL preseason game, and working his required practices.

Kicked in the gut!
If the Commish is holding the NFL players to higher standards, why wouldn't he want the best and most skilled "enforcers" to hold these players to the "high standard"?

If someone with your collecive knowledge and experience recognizes the paradox of this power play...then Goddell needs to go!!