Why not take vacation Aug 1st?

You will get your 'strike pay', and if they try to go the Kellogg plant route, in some states they can't fire you for an economic strike, because you were on paid leave and not participating in the strike. And you're technically not scabbing. It seems win win win to me lol. This is kinda a :censored2: post.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
You will get your 'strike pay', and if they try to go the Kellogg plant route, in some states they can't fire you for an economic strike, because you were on paid leave and not participating in the strike. And you're technically not scabbing. It seems win win win to me lol. This is kinda a :censored2: post.

I would not worry about the economic strike thing.... this NLRB is union friendly and there is a lot more to economic vs. ULP.. for example the union will likely argue UPS did not bargain in good faith etc.etc.

Plus there is so many roadblocks to permanent replacement it is very very unlikely

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I always took the whole month of August off.
Had a mgr once who set up a meet with the regional mgr to discussion me being rude to customers.
Boy did he look foolish when I ask for the date of the incident.

DOK

Since we pick our vacations in January, unless you’ve picked it you’re SOL

DriverNerd

Anyone who took vacation in august is letting all their union brothers down , we need you on the picket line.
✊🧔‍♂️
Just because someone has vacation in August doesn't mean they won't be on the line. I already let my family know I will only make it to our lake trip this year on the weekend if we strike (I have vacation the first week of August for said trip).

Siveriano

do light duty works the same?