Will Trump Survive The Campaign?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As controversial and hated as The Donald is by so many, one has to wonder if he will even make it to November, as in actual survival. I don't like Trump, and I don't want to see any harm come to him, but there are plenty of gun-toting crazies out there that would love to either make themselves famous and/or eliminate Trump. There are many Republicans who hate Trump and what he has done to the GOP. Just listen to some of the Right Wing media hosts like I do, and they are not happy. Michael Medved and Mark Levin immediately come to mind.

Hopefully, the Secret Service will raise his level of protection even higher. I absolutely want him to make it until November, so Hillary can beat him by record levels and usher in a new era that marks the end of a 5/4 Conservative SCOTUS, and new Progressive ideas.

I think someone will take him out, and several of my police family and friends agree. Perhaps he will start campaigning in a bulletproof bubble.

We shall see.

newfie

you've really got to come out from whatever brainwashing booth you're in.
The Donald has negatives. He also will end up with more votes then any republican has ever gotten in a republican primary. Ever

He also has tens of thousands of democratic voters switching parties in every state to vote for him. Donald could very well put some traditional blue states in play.
Then keep in mind that while Donald is bringing voters in Hillary has not been getting anyone excited for her.

Here is the question to ask yourself. what happens after the democrats have their contested convention. where do the Bernie voters go? Many despise Hillary

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
As controversial and hated as The Donald is by so many, one has to wonder if he will even make it to November, as in actual survival. I don't like Trump, and I don't want to see any harm come to him, but there are plenty of gun-toting crazies out there that would love to either make themselves famous and/or eliminate Trump. There are many Republicans who hate Trump and what he has done to the GOP. Just listen to some of the Right Wing media hosts like I do, and they are not happy. Michael Medved and Mark L immediately come to mind.

Hopefully, the Secret Service will raise his level of protection even higher. I absolutely want him to make it until November, so Hillary can beat him by record levels and usher in a new era that marks the end of a 5/4 Conservative SCOTUS, and new Progressive ideas.

I think someone will take him out, and several of my police family and friends agree. Perhaps he will start campaigning in a bulletproof bubble.

We shall see.
Keep underestimating him.

Let me know how that works out for you.

BrownArmy

What a strange thread.

If the SS can keep Obama alive through his first campaign, and then for (almost) eight years as President, I think they can handle "The Donald".

BrownArmy

Bernie will work to make sure his agenda is advanced. if not he would have already recognized that his path is impossible and conceded.

Good for Bernie, this is how these things work.

This is why they all say they are 'suspending' their campaigns, instead of...

Don't think for a minute that the Cruz delegates won't negotiate their pound of flesh.

This is a Constitutional Republic at work, folks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What a strange thread.

If the SS can keep Obama alive through his first campaign, and then for (almost) eight years as President, I think they can handle "The Donald".

It isn't strange at all. Donald Trump is perhaps the most polarizing figure in our political history. He is loathed by many on the Left, and almost as many on the Right. People like that tend to take bullets. He is a demagogue, plain and simple.

It is similar to the hatred for Obama, and I'm surprised nobody tried to take him out, although there were undoubtedly unreported attempts to do so. But people weren't hating Obama so much during the campaign. It was really after he was elected that people got upset.

Barack Obama is eloquent and appeasing where Trump is plain-spoken and brusque, a major difference. Most Trump supporters are incapable of understanding what Obama says, so they have to be spoken to as children. Trump is masterful at manipulating this herd, but there are a few outliers that will want him eliminated.

I personally think he will be taken out.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It isn't strange at all. Donald Trump is perhaps the most polarizing figure in our political history. He is loathed by many on the Left, and almost as many on the Right. People like that tend to take bullets. He is a demagogue, plain and simple.
You fail to see reality.

If he is loathed so badly, why does he have the most votes for any Republican in history at this stage of the primary.

And mind you, he had 16 other Republicans running against him at the beginning.

So, in my opinion, you just don't seem to have a grip on reality.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The use of "survive" in this thread is wrong according to the OP.........talking about "taking someone out".

That may be your take on things, but keep that crap to yourself. There's too many nuts out there that will view it as an assignment.

'Survive the campaign' is a normal statement, but we know what you meant.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You fail to see reality.

If he is loathed so badly, why does he have the most votes for any Republican in history at this stage of the primary.

And mind you, he had 16 other Republicans running against him at the beginning.

So, in my opinion, you just don't seem to have a grip on reality.

Trump's popularity is a deception. The only Republicans to "vote" for Trump so far have been delegates, which are somewhere around 10% of the GOP electorate. So, most Republicans have not had a chance to express their opinion of the Donald, who has incredible "unfavorable" numbers among both Democrats and Republicans.

This is why Trump is now groveling to the mainstream.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The use of "survive" in this thread is wrong according to the OP.........talking about "taking someone out".

That may be your take on things, but keep that crap to yourself. There's too many nuts out there that will view it as an assignment.

'Survive the campaign' is a normal statement, but we know what you meant.

Jesus. Here it is again in 8th grade terms, so you can understand. Trump is a candidate, who doesn't have the same level of protection as an actual President. We have a long history in this country of trying to kill "outlier" candidates. Trump certainly qualifies.

I don't want to see anyone hurt, but Trump's rhetoric has numerous groups very angry with him, making it very possible they might want to get rid of him.

You have more than enough crazies available in the GOP already, even before Trump became an issue.