Working 60hrs a week

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BlackJack616, Nov 10, 2013.

1. BlackJack616

BlackJack616 Active Member

Can you get 60hrs a week?

I push for 60hrs a week but they dont seem to give me more than 10hr planned days..

How can i get 12-14 planned days? I need the money...

2. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

Dont worry... December is almost here.....

3. BlackJack616

BlackJack616 Active Member

I cant wait!!! $$$$$

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Slow down.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There is more to life than money.

6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Yes, there are pots to piss in.

7. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Have a full time & a part time job. 60+ hours a week no problem

8. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Some of the most miserable people I know are wealthy, they can never have enough. Some of the happiest people I know don't have the 'stuff' or the money, but they have a lot of real friends.

9. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Feeders, man, feeders.

10. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Active Member

I'm dreaming of peak that I can spend more time with my family. We know that won't happen but atleast peak is almost a week shorter this year :)

11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Money is a tool, I use it as a tool to financial independence so I can enjoy life more.

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I know of a lot more people that say "I wish I could leave UPS but I need to keep working because I didn't save any money". People need to stop demonizing people who want to work more, otherwise you get the entitlement generation we are dealing with now.

13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I think it sad when drivers that have been here for 10+ years still need to live off OT.

14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Ask your sup to give you more work. When you get the hours you need try to get your bills in order so you don't NEED the money, save some so you can retire with dignity.

15. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

For every hour of OT I work, it's 1.5 hours less I need to work later.

16. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Your not guaranteed OT only 8 hrs a day. Asking to be sent out with 12 hrs of work a day isn't going to happen.

17. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

It did a few years back at my hub. Some people almost got rolled in the parking lot for it. 3 asked for it, got it, and kept 4 FT drivers laid off a month longer than they should have been.

18. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Actually, if he requests 12, he'll get sent out with 14 and be expected back in 10. Then, as soon as he screws up, he'll have 0.

19. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Feel free to look up the threads about drivers not getting 8 hours vs those filing 9.5. If you ask for more work they'll most certainly give it to you as long as you're giving a fair days work. They won't give someone who's constantly over allowed more work however.

20. if they know you want the money , they wont give you the overtime you want...........If you dont want the overtime you will get more than you want!!