Working at USPS thoughts?

Guitarman01

Another thought would be, I just plain need more money. I mean im doing all right now, but even missing one year of step raises would be quite the setback when factoring in the cost of living. I cant play that game. It will be interesting to see what they do in Oct, I would be shocked if they didnt give full step raises, especially knowing they might just turn around and lay people off in the coming years.

cosis

Fedex is easy compared to working at USPS. If you decide to go that route and don't want to be worked to death choose the rural side. If you want more money and want a :censored2:load of hours work city.

cosis

Rural route in a good station is a great job to have. You do your :censored2: and go home. I worked routes as a RCA and would finish 2 hours before the evaluated time as over and get paid for it. If your slow that's another story. Do your homework though. There are plenty of toxic offices.

Guitarman01

Rural route in a good station is a great job to have. You do your :censored2: and go home. I worked routes as a RCA and would finish 2 hours before the evaluated time as over and get paid for it. If your slow that's another story. Do your homework though. There are plenty of toxic offices.
I'm actually on a rural rte and one of the quicker ones at FedEx. I see more and more USPS carriers driving some pretty nice smaller vans I bet have ac. Yeah the right rural rte might not be a bad idea. You don't even have to get out of your van half the time, no longer having to navigate those country driveways that can be a half mile long.

cosis

I'm actually on a rural rte and one of the quicker ones at FedEx. I see more and more USPS carriers driving some pretty nice smaller vans I bet have ac. Yeah the right rural rte might not be a bad idea. You don't even have to get out of your van half the time, no longer having to navigate those country driveways that can be a half mile long.
yea the newer vans have a/c. Makes a world of difference compared to the llv. Llv is easier to deliver mail out of though. Some offices though require you have your own vehicle.

anonymous23456

How to get a delivery job at USPS? Try rural delivery full time (temp job or probationary? I don't know what they call it). You have to furnish your own right-hand side driving vehicle and wait for someone in the office to retire to take their spot permanently. Otherwise, you are full time temp for a while waiting.

cosis

How to get a delivery job at USPS? Try rural delivery full time (temp job or probationary? I don't know what they call it). You have to furnish your own right-hand side driving vehicle and wait for someone in the office to retire to take their spot permanently. Otherwise, you are full time temp for a while waiting.
RCA is the title, not all offices make you drive your own vehicle. It really depends, you would need to check out the office and see what the other drivers use. Yes you fill in when the regular is off or on vacation. Some stations are in such need of people you may work everyday. The difference between finding a good office and a bad one can make or break you. It may take years to become a regular. City is the other option (CCA). You may or not do a route. Basically go around helping other people finish all day. Working 70+ hours a week isn't uncommon. Good if you want money and no life. Double time after 10 hours.