Worried about your UPS job with AI?

clean hairy

Blah blah stinkin blah. Who wants a package delivered by a robot? Let’s see a robot drive into some of the places we go, bring dolly loads of packages through doorways and place them exactly where the customer wants them.
And take an over 70 up 3 flights of stairs.
Will it understand if a person says they refuse the package and return it?
How will they mark on the box "nsn" "ni1" etc?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Robots won't take away delivery to the doors. But it may take away the driving to the neighborhood. And take away some of the loader jobs.
Sar, please do the needful and train your replacement
Fn:censored:WXEAE-Hd8.png

dudebro

And take an over 70 up 3 flights of stairs.
Will it understand if a person says they refuse the package and return it?
How will they mark on the box "nsn" "ni1" etc?
Why would it need to "mark" the package? It would just look at the package and every robot connected to the network would know. And I'm 100% certain it would cry less than the driver if the customer refused the package.

Cowboy Mac

Robots won't take away delivery to the doors. But it may take away the driving to the neighborhood. And take away some of the loader jobs.
So you’re telling me that a robot could look at packages coming down the rollers in a trailer and pick their next package to load, heavy packages on the bottom light on top while maintaining egress in the trailers. Locking in both sides and filling backspace on the walls. And recognize hazmat packages separating them by class and bracing them in on all 4 sides by non food or medical packages, per the methods?

How is a robot supposed to follow the 5 seeing habits? Is that programmed into them when they’re driving? Make sure they see you? Expect the unexpected?

PT Car Washer

Why would it need to "mark" the package? It would just look at the package and every robot connected to the network would know. And I'm 100% certain it would cry less than the driver if the customer refused the package.
Why would the delivery driver care if a package is refuse? Just hit refused, Don't want and give it to the clerk when you return to the building. Simple.

anonymous23456

So you’re telling me that a robot could look at packages coming down the rollers in a trailer and pick their next package to load, heavy packages on the bottom light on top while maintaining egress in the trailers. Locking in both sides and filling backspace on the walls. And recognize hazmat packages separating them by class and bracing them in on all 4 sides by non food or medical packages, per the methods?

How is a robot supposed to follow the 5 seeing habits? Is that programmed into them when they’re driving? Make sure they see you? Expect the unexpected?
One step at a time. It will get there.

clean hairy

As the robot gets confused trying to follow Orion!
One computer program trying to follow instructions of another computer program.
Could get interesting!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Yes.