Worst place to be in pre-load shift?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by lololmao7, Mar 17, 2011.

1. lololmao7

lololmao7 New Member

What do you guys think is the worst place to be in the pre load shift? Unloading, Sort Aisle, Tote flipping, etc?
  2. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Unloading !!! back breaking,mind rotting job. Get on sort ASAP !!
  3. washington57

washington57 New Member

i agree. i remember all of our unloaders getting dumber every day they did the job.
  4. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

I help the unloaders everyday,I bring them a full trailer !! :happy-very:
  5. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

Unload is cake, dont fear it take your time. Preloading package cars is the worst. Missloads, late air, miss load air, bad loads are only the few to start. Plus you will walk 5 miles a night. I've dont unload in the past, cake compared to preload. Most drivers never did either unload, preload, load and sort. Most did debag, small sort and audits.. otherwise easy jobs. UPS rewards those whom have it easy... Thus a lower stock price.
  6. lololmao7

lololmao7 New Member

Ha. Ive been here since June, and have done nearly everything. I have to say loading and de-bagging are the worst. You really mess up your fingers trying to get the smalls out of those horrible tote bags. Im still having trouble with mis loads too. And now since our new boss has joined us, we are no longer allowed to bring in our i-Pods
  7. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

The worst place is loading pkg. cars from a flat belt (not cages) for 13 years. That's the worst place. Yep. Pretty bad.
  8. killamjl

killamjl Member

I think every job is the worst job. Which is why I liked to be moved around alot. Some guys hate that though.

Worst overall I would say is loading though. Physically straining, mentaily annoying, and some responsiblity bad combination at UPS
  9. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Loading those trucks, drivers never happy
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Preload manager.
  11. Random_Facts

Random_Facts Member

Loading 4 trucks is a pain. 1000-1200 a day, in what used to be 4 hours, now they 'try' to make you finish in 3.5hours. Which is beyond absured. Thank goodness for a ton of vacation and 'mental sick/health days haha'.
  12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Watertown, NY.