WWYD (what would you do)

Would you have helped him?

• Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I saw this article and video, on the Fedex Facebook page, of a FedEx driver refusing to help an 89 year old man get up off his porch. I was shocked at how many people who said they wouldn’t help him. Is this how low our society has come that we would not help an elderly man? What if he was injured. What if it was winter and he froze to death there? Fortunately, his daughter camera along ten minutes later.

oldngray

nowhere special
The FedEx statement was pure boilerplate BS. I would have tried to help the old guy. Good Samaritan laws protect you if anything bad happens and it would be a PR nightmare if the company tried to do anything to you for helping.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't know what the driver was thinking.

Our society has become so litigious, it scares some people from doing anything.

At the very least.... call 911 and wait for medical help to arrive.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't know what the driver was thinking.

Our society has become so litigious, it scares some people from doing anything.

At the very least.... call 911 and wait for medical help to arrive.
That’s what I would have done because I’d be worried about causing further damage if anything is broken, plus, I know I couldn’t pick him up.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I saw this article and video, on the Fedex Facebook page, of a FedEx driver refusing to help an 89 year old man get up off his porch. I was shocked at how many people who said they wouldn’t help him. Is this how low our society has come that we would not help an elderly man? What if he was injured. What if it was winter and he froze to death there? Fortunately, his daughter camera along ten minutes later.
What a complete dick move

542thruNthru

Well not knowing if these two have had encounters before and knowing the man had dementia. He may not have felt comfortable helping him because of previous instances.

Either way I would have called 911 and then while on the phone I would have assisted the man if they said I should while the ambulance was on the way.

It is very sad that the guy just left him without making a call to anyone. At the very very very least call your center or knock on a neighbors door.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
At times like this, when the going gets tough and they call your bluff, I light one up and ask WWWD?

Last edited:

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
What driver worth his salt doesn’t have gloves within reach at any given time... I wear my Marlboro leather ones in and out of the locomotive, pre-covid, in the crew lounge, even while I sleep (considering who I sleep with)

KOG72

I’m full of it
True story I had a old man come to the door one time to get a package,he leaned down to pick it up and for some reason fell backwards.,as I was walking away.So I went back to check on the dude to see if he was already and he was just laying on his back farting,lol.His wife came to the door and tried to get him up so I helped her.

over9five

Staff member
Tell you the truth, I feel sorry for the Fedex guy. The news media and politicians are terrorizing the public about masks and gloves and distancing and how easily catchable Covid-19 is. Maybe he has a wife or child with pre-existing health issues. I wouldn't have touched the guy either.
His only stupidity was not calling the Po-po or someone...

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

Stay there, call 911