Yard Control Training Video: Mr. Bill

LS Nerd

Was I just having a fever dream my first few days of work or was that actually a Mr. Bill skit on the yard control training?
Cause I'm still not sure. Or maybe it was our own center's bootleg training video.
You know, the one where Mr. Bill from Saturday Night Live is run over for not wearing his vest or putting out a cone?

LS Nerd

Is there such a video? If not, it would actually be a good idea!
I'm almost positive it is but it was so weird I'm not even sure. The video itself looks like it was filmed with a 90s home video recorder. And googling it comes up with nothing.
I might ask my manager for a copy just because of how bizarre it is.

I'm almost positive it is but it was so weird I'm not even sure. The video itself looks like it was filmed with a 90s home video recorder. And googling it comes up with nothing.
That's just part of the MK Mind Control training, make you believe you're going crazy.

LS Nerd

I was raised on SNL. Celebrity Deathmatch, Mr. Bill, Stewart, etc. Good times.
Tomorrow at work I'll ask my boss if I can see that yard control video again and record it on my phone. It needs to be shared with the world.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yard control responsibilities were not a part of PTer memorization until a few years ago....I don't recall watching a training video about it back when I was hired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was raised on SNL. Celebrity Deathmatch, Mr. Bill, Stewart, etc. Good times.
Tomorrow at work I'll ask my boss if I can see that yard control video again and record it on my phone. It needs to be shared with the world.
Good idea!!!! And then you can post it on social media that uses your actual name so you can get fired even faster.

Smarten up. Focus on learning your new job.

LS Nerd

Good idea!!!! And then you can post it on social media that uses your actual name so you can get fired even faster.

Smarten up. Focus on learning your new job.
I mean I've been doing my job for over a year. I'd argue I have learned my job already. This is a training video I saw when I'd just started and just now really thought about it and wondered if it was more widespread. Most videos were pretty vanilla and the usual bland 'Now let's go over those same rules again.', and then this one came up with 'I'm Mr. Bill! Yaay!', so I wondered if the change in tone was a local thing or what. Like I said, it looked very low budget. Like how there was an uncomfortably long shot of the UPS truck coming along to run the play-doh Mr. Bill over.

Besides, is that really grounds for termination? 'Mr. Abney! A clip of one of our training videos just went viral!' 'What?' 'Our yard control... The Mr. Bill cameo! They're laughing at the comedic take we took on our training!' 'Find the man or woman responsible and give them the boot. Now.'

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Besides, is that really grounds for termination? 'Mr. Abney! A clip of one of our training videos just went viral!' 'What?' 'Our yard control... The Mr. Bill cameo! They're laughing at the comedic take we took on our training!' 'Find the man or woman responsible and give them the boot. Now.'

I personally know of 2 former co-workers fired for posting videos/pictures taking inside the building on FB....one got his job back, one didn't.

Posting pictures of your Pc(load)

Fired/Rehire/Fired

There's two more examples. Can you be fired? You sure can!

LS Nerd

Man, that's rough and sad. I mean, they made a gem and now they're hoarding it. One day, someone's going to throw it away when they get new training videos and it'll fade away to obscurity.
Maybe I'll record it, and then just store it on a thumb drive until I'm an old man in retirement. And on my deathbed, I'll put it in my son or daughter's hands, and gently close their fingers around it, and whisper...
"For the lulz"
And then I'll pass on to that sweet goodnight.
Until then I'll keep my job I guess.

brownelf

More than likely it was a video made by your local safety committee, we used to have time to make videos years ago and made quite a few.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I mean I've been doing my job for over a year. I'd argue I have learned my job already. This is a training video I saw when I'd just started and just now really thought about it and wondered if it was more widespread. Most videos were pretty vanilla and the usual bland 'Now let's go over those same rules again.', and then this one came up with 'I'm Mr. Bill! Yaay!', so I wondered if the change in tone was a local thing or what. Like I said, it looked very low budget. Like how there was an uncomfortably long shot of the UPS truck coming along to run the play-doh Mr. Bill over.

You've been here a year already !!!
And you know the job !!!
Lol. Lol. Good one,, tell us some more !!