Your first auto

gman042

Been around the block a few times
75 CAMARO. Then a 77

2_75_camaro_002.jpg
2_75_camaro_002.jpg

Nothing like them. A lot of horsepower, a lot of torque to move those monsters along.

400 4bbl quadrajet. I still remember to this day the first time I stepped into that carb and those golfball sized secondaries opened up with a Kawhump and off we`d go.

71 Camaro, big block, turbo400 with a horseshoe shifter. I took this car completely apart and rebuilt in my garage from bare metal. Did everything myself but the upholstery. Drove two HotRod magazine PowerTours in it in 97 & 98 from Cali to MI. Absolutely the fastest car I`ve ever driven. I torture myself for ever getting rid of it.

raceanoncr

'56 Chevy 150, two-dr post, 265", 2 barrel, single exhaust, 3-sp on column, radio delete, one sun visor, no arm rests, no carpet. Put 4-barrel on, Hurst floor shifter, dual exhaust, radio, raced the snot outta it. Parents hated it. Mission accomplished.

Traded for a new '66 Chevelle. Parents had to co-sign and wouldn't let me get SS. Had to settle for Malibu, 327, 3-sp on column, single exhaust, AM radio, bench seat w/black interior (their one consession). After the 12-mo-12,000 mile warranty ran out, in went 4-sp from wrecked '67 SS, headers w/duals, Corvette "30-30" cam (you gear heads will know), 4:11 gears and the list went on.

Had that thing for over 20 yrs. Raced it in D/S for a time.

Also had '62 Corvette, two 64 Chevs, 57 BelAir, 57 two door wagon, '55 Ford two-dr post, '70 Monte Carlo w/400 small block (the only year they put that in M/C), a raft of "family cars" that will not get listed along with, the low point of my car life, a Dodge window van w/360, Offenhauser manifold and Thermo-Quad carb (what a piece o crap!) and headers.

Now have different '56 w/671 blower and tubbed out, '70 Corvette w/468, '99 Monte Carlo, '01 S-10 Xtreme.

old levi's

blank space
'56 Chevy 150, two-dr post, 265", 2 barrel, single exhaust, 3-sp on column, radio delete, one sun visor, no arm rests, no carpet. Put 4-barrel on, Hurst floor shifter, dual exhaust, radio, raced the snot outta it. Parents hated it. Mission accomplished.

Traded for a new '66 Chevelle. Parents had to co-sign and wouldn't let me get SS. Had to settle for Malibu, 327, 3-sp on column, single exhaust, AM radio, bench seat w/black interior (their one consession). After the 12-mo-12,000 mile warranty ran out, in went 4-sp from wrecked '67 SS, headers w/duals, Corvette "30-30" cam (you gear heads will know), 4:11 gears and the list went on.

Also had '62 Corvette, two 64 Chevs, 57 BelAir, 57 two door wagon, '55 Ford two-dr post, '70 Monte Carlo w/400 small block (the only year they put that in M/C), a raft of "family cars" that will not get listed along with, the low point of my car life, a Dodge window van w/360, Offenhauser manifold and Thermo-Quad carb (what a piece o crap!) and headers.

Now have different '56 w/671 blower and tubbed out, '70 Corvette w/468, '99 Monte Carlo, '01 S-10 Xtreme.
So, you like cars

texan

Obvious Chevy person.
I had a 1964 Nova with a 327, loved it.
I had a 1964 Belair 4 door with the original 283. Installed Camel hump heads and Eldebrock perfomer, Q-jet, headers and a 204 x 214 lift at .050 lift cam. That 283 really sang.
Later put a 350 four bolt main from a GMC pickup up and the same above after getting the heads redone. Of course new cam (same specs), can not reuse a cam.
That Belair with a Glide had lots of torque and would rule the highway. Hardly had to touch the gas at 65.
Ahh Chevy memories. The 64s had to power nothing but the alternator. The rest was all to the rear wheels.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
1965 Faded blue Chevy Biscayne paid $100.00 complete with the empty 16 ounce Schmidts bottles in the back seat and the aftermarket 8 track installed to the dash and Black Sabath or Alice Cooper blairing over the speakers

Big Babooba

69 Chevy Biscayne

1969BiscayneA.jpg

Mine was tan with rust accents on the rear quarters. Only thing in the dashboard that worked, was the cigarette lighter. Bought it for $50. When I sold it a couple of years later, it had no reverse (had to carefully plan your parking), no passenger window, and the lighter quit working. Got $50 for it.

(Lucky to have not killed myself, or someone else, considering all of the alcohol that was consumed in that car) :sad-very:
Valuable training for the future UPSer!

Big Babooba

Nothing like that art deco look. You would want to park it in front of the Chrysler Building.

HERESY!!!

My first car was (is?) a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker Club Coupe inherited from my aunt. Straight 8 engine, Fluid Drive, radio, dual heaters, electric wipers, Trico windshield washers and a backup light! I've owned it over 40 years now. It's parked in my brother's garage and some day will be restored after I leave UPS. I'll park it in front the Chrysler Building then!

Big Babooba

I had a Carter Thermocrud on my Hemi Orange '71 340 Duster (4 speed). I concur! The plastic body warped, off it came and on went a Holley Double Pumper. I had to chain down the front of the engine because it would break the front motor mounts (I didn't want to install solid mounts.) I miss that car, I don't miss all the tickets!

Big Babooba

1965 Faded blue Chevy Biscayne paid $100.00 complete with the empty 16 ounce Schmidts bottles in the back seat and the aftermarket 8 track installed to the dash and Black Sabath or Alice Cooper blairing over the speakers
My uncle had a turquoise '66 Bel Air 2 dr with a 283 and Powerglide transmission. He traded it in '75 for a new 2 dr Impala. It was in pristine condition and had only 28,000 miles on it. I got my license the previous year and thought that it would have looked good in my driveway. I never forgave him.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I would say it was David's 1974 'Cuda. The boy collected and rebuilt cars.
He also owned a Charger.

Then Kevin had a 1972 Nova and the backseat in his Nova was much more comfortable than those Mopars!!