Your $$$$$ "I.O.U.S.A"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by klein, Apr 11, 2010.

  1. klein

    klein Für Meno :)

    I urge almost everyone to watch this 2 hr special on CNN today.
    It airs between 1pm - 3 pm mountain time.

    Check your listings. It's almost a must to see.

    I.O.U.S.A Solutions --- America's Debt Crisis.
    The documentary about the National debt.
    Panelists include Blackstone founder Pete Peterson. former comptroller gerneral David Walker, former Senator Bill Bradly. commentar Amy Holmes.

    I seen it yesterday. Trust me, it should give everyone on here different views, as what they have and know now.

    Liberals, Reps, and wkmacs alike !
     
  2. browndevil

    browndevil Active Member

    I caught a little of it switching back and forth between the Masters. I really liked what Bill Bradley said and thoroughly like Amy Holmes. I noticed her tag line was Independent Conservative. Not republican
     
  3. klein

    klein Für Meno :)

    It airs today (Sunday), again. I missed the first 10-15 minutes, about China, and loans/relationships.
    I found it totally unbias, too. Even though W Bush got somewhat the blame for medicare D, and tax cuts.

    The show should actually pull party oppoments closer together, since actions must be taken. The sooner the better, too !
     
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    This will be on from 3-5pm on the East Coast.
     
  5. klein

    klein Für Meno :)

    Well, last chance, starting in 5 minutes. Again, I do urge all current event posters to watch it. Actually, every american should.
     
  6. moreluck

    moreluck golden ticket member

    All right already !!! We have hundreds of stations........give it up . I'm watching a tense movie.
     
  7. browndevil

    browndevil Active Member

    What a movie? Hubby must be in the other room watching the Masters. Here's an update Lee Westwood ( UPS's player sponsor) is in the lead. Tiger is self distructing :)
     
  8. moreluck

    moreluck golden ticket member

    OMG...it's like you're a fly on the wall in my house (if I ever let a fly on my wall). Hubby in the office watching golf. Me in the rec. room watching "Taken in Broad Daylight". Go Lee....thumbs down to Tiger.
     
  9. browndevil

    browndevil Active Member

    LOL glad you two are BOTH enjoying your Sunday. YES GO LEE!!!!
     
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    Klein, thank you for bringing this show to our attention. Very informative.
     
  11. klein

    klein Für Meno :)

    Your more then welcome. What I learned most about it,
    is that both parties have to work together, and also the voters.

    Yes, it was a bit scary. But, if nothing is done, then it will just get worse.
     
  12. Lue C Fur

    Lue C Fur Evil member

    Stop spending!!!!!
     
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    This would only impact 38% of total spending (discretionary spending) as the remaining 62% is mandated spending.

    Reform of the tax code, a gradual increase in the retirement age and a consumption tax were among the items favored by most of the panelists.
     
  14. Lue C Fur

    Lue C Fur Evil member

    38% would be a nice start and at the rate our govt is spending...
     
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.


    ...reminds me of a drunken sailor on a 3 day pass.
     
  16. Lue C Fur

    Lue C Fur Evil member


    I remember those days in the Philippines...:happy-very:
     
  17. Baba gounj

    Baba gounj pensioner

    ya but at some point the sailor passes out thus he/she stops spending.
     
  18. Lue C Fur

    Lue C Fur Evil member

    Or you run out of money...:2scared:
     
  19. klein

    klein Für Meno :)

    I was actually hoping this thread to have a different outcome, and after watching that show, discuss the things that could be cut, and how to get USA back on track :dissapointed:
     
  20. Monkey Butt

    Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

    Things that could be cut ... Obamacare comes to mind!