‘Catastrophic failure’ causes UPS truck inferno at Town Hall Wednesday

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
‘Catastrophic failure’ causes UPS truck inferno at Town Hall Wednesday - Darien Times

A packed UPS truck became engulfed in flames in front of Darien’s Town Hall Wednesday afternoon, destroying the truck and possibly most of its contents.

Noroton Fire Department Captain John Hessmer told The Darien Times that some kind of catastrophic engine failure caused the truck to go on fire, and it was on fire when the driver pulled up to Town Hall.

rod

Retired 22 years
‘Catastrophic failure’ causes UPS truck inferno at Town Hall Wednesday - Darien Times

A packed UPS truck became engulfed in flames in front of Darien’s Town Hall Wednesday afternoon, destroying the truck and possibly most of its contents.

Noroton Fire Department Captain John Hessmer told The Darien Times that some kind of catastrophic engine failure caused the truck to go on fire, and it was on fire when the driver pulled up to Town Hall.

Back when I used to smoke my truck looked like that at every stop---or so I was told.

slantnosechevy

Looks like one of those lap belt Ford 5-speed diesels that they're crushing anyway. Glad the driver got out. First impression in our bldg. would be how can we blame the driver.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Here last week we had a driver complaining that everytime he touched the bulkhead door handle he would get shocked. Called the mechanic and he said they have been having trouble with the telematics wiring shorting out. Proved to be the issue with this driver. Just what we need...our trucks catching fire or shocking us to death. It is not like we don't have enough to deal with during the day.

Tell you what.....if the truck catches fire....throw on the gas and break out the pop and weenies.

browned out

Looks like something was smoking, leaking, etc... Don't touch, secure vehicle, leave area & notify supervisor. Glad driver is ok and hope he does not get charged with an accident.